PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve

SilentSno
03-13-2002, 11:54 PM
I have a customized mag with the following:

Benchmark 2x triggerframe (modified to make the pull as little as possible)
Benchmark Blue Foregrip
PowderKoted body, rail, and drop forward,
CP 1 piece black barrel 12"
9v Revy
Crossfire 68 cu inches 3000 psi tank

Now, i love my gun, but have debated the purchase of the RT valve, i just think about the word "reactive trigger" and it states that it pushes the trigger back out, if i'm not mistaken.

My buddy has a RT and i fired it, stock frame and trigger, and the trigger is, well compared to eveything i've ever shot, the hardest ever to actually pull, and the trigger didn't seem to reactive to me, i felt like a kick in my finger, but it didn't push it back out.

So my question is: what do you think, would be trigger frame cause it to require less effort, or maybe his RT is faulty, i dunno, just was wondering before i spent the $250 or so dollars.

a_malfunction
03-14-2002, 12:00 AM
What was his input pressure? That has a lot to do with how reactive it is.

SilentSno
03-14-2002, 03:51 AM
He had a similar crossfire prefixed tank, so i'm not quite sure. Is it still that hard to pull the trigger though???

cphilip
03-14-2002, 10:34 AM
His input would be 850 if the crossfire is working correctly and should be jumping out with some athourity at 850. I run all mine at 700. Maybe it's not outputing what it should? And yes the trigger frame type can make a lot of difference in the feel of the pull. The Intelliframe is nice for that. And an adjustable tank to allow you to set the reactivity to what you prefer.

Predater
03-14-2002, 07:03 PM
i have my automagrt set at 900 psi. it has a stiff crisp trigger pull. the pull is stiff but when you get used to it the reactiveness makes it whare it can fire as fast as a electro. i outshoot my revy too much. last sunday at the field we wer testing which we could shoot faster. a bushy that is set up with a short trigger or my rt. they wer so close we couldnt tell. the sound of the rt seamed faster but the bushy has a totaly difrent sound so we just couldnt tell. i recomend the retro. im selling my 68mag because i refuse to shoot it any more. i plan to buy another rt, used. that way ill still have 2 guns but ill be willing to use both. :D

SilentSno
03-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all of your replies guys, it has helped me out alot. I think i'm gonna wait for a while to get my RT valve, but will still get it eventually.

beam
03-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Not to throw a wrench into your decision...but it sounds like you want a nice and easy and short trigger pull. Ever consider an e-frame....hyperframe specifically?

I LOVE mine....click click click click click!

SilentSno
03-15-2002, 04:12 PM
I don't want to turn my mag into an electro though. If i were to get an electro marker it would be an E-Matrix or one of the new JT Excellerator 6.0s