PDA

View Full Version : engraving????

Havoc_online
03-14-2002, 12:50 AM
ok here's the deal....

I'm going to get my body rail bead blasted then podwercoated to almost chrome. I wanted to get my name engraved on my body rail over where it says "danger this gun...". ok the problem is if I get the rail engraved after I get it powdercoated it will chip the podwercoating and if I get the engraving done before the powdercoat will fill the engraving in. the engraver I went to can't engrave deep enough to matter, so he says I should get it stamped in for it to work but knows of no where that I can go to in my city because of low demand, so any ideas????????

Havoc_online
03-14-2002, 02:02 PM
up..............

tranman
03-14-2002, 02:16 PM
I used to work in an engraving shop...do they have a lazer engraver? that would work after powdercoating, as it wont chip the powdercoating.

Havoc_online
03-21-2002, 12:18 AM
as far as I know there are no laser engravers in Austin, anyone know where I can get it done?

mrhooie
03-21-2002, 01:05 AM
Ask at your engraving shop/trophy shop where to get laser engraving done

But the diamond drag engraver (like for doing trophies) will not work on the mag (stainless is too hard to get deep) and it will chip the heck out of the paint job/powder coat

I too used to work in a trophy shop

I don't know what the laser will do to the powder coatt - so get a test piece done 1st

spawnboy
03-21-2002, 08:05 AM
I was considering this too on my ss body of my mag. However the method of design with use of a powdercoating "sticker" I guess didn't work. I spoke to Ken at http://www.kpcustoms.net who does powdercoating about a design/engraving ect. He knows a guy with a laser engraver, he sends out the work to him. Not sure of the costs ect. ect. You might look into it.

spawner

Ack
03-21-2002, 08:17 AM
Doesn't psychoballistics laser engrave now? Thought I saw that somewhere on their site.. /shrug. Too lazy to look :D

DJSOLID
03-21-2002, 08:24 AM
Would acid engraving like the kind that is done on glass work? Just trying to help you brainstorm - I really don't know much of anything about engraving. If you DO figure it out - let us know, because we may want to do it someday too.