PDA

View Full Version : Guns off of CO2

MagmanLee
03-14-2002, 03:22 PM
In the 68Automag/Minimag manual that came with my mag, it tells of how CO2 is dirty. My friend tells me that CO2 will ruin ur gun in the long run, forcing u to buy new parts. Is this true? Cause i'm scared ****less of hurting my baby...errr...gun with CO2 now.

HoppysMag
03-14-2002, 05:32 PM
ya liquid co2 will hurt the mag. stay away from CO2. get a cheap nitro if you can.

PyRo
03-16-2002, 06:38 PM
Generally CO2 isn't as good. It will be harder on the seals, which isn't that bad. All it means is you will need a $18 parts kit more often then HPA users. An HPA tank can be had for as little as $80. By the time you get set up with CO2 (x-chamber, remote, tank, etc) your paying about the same price as you would for a cheap HPA tank anyway.

mikey101
03-16-2002, 07:47 PM
it's not that bad on it, when mags were first made, they were all run on co2, it can't be that bad.

PyRo
03-17-2002, 06:29 AM
just don't try to use Co2 in a retro :)

xmetal2001
03-17-2002, 11:34 AM
With the right setup CO2 will work fine, although it is a dirty gas and you'll be replacing stuff more often. Your best bet is to get a cheap nitro from someplace like Paintballgear.net (they have good prices on cheap nitros)

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 06:25 PM
CO2 Is BAD!It 's not that bad it is just harsh on parts in your gun.

Army
03-17-2002, 09:18 PM
'Mags run fine on Co2, as long as it is set up correctly.

'Mags just don't like LIQUID Co2 getting inside, keep it out and you will not have any problems.
:cool:

Polishpickles451
03-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Automags function passably on CO2, but you won't get all you can out of ur mag. Besides forcing you to replace O-rings, CO2 is an erratic gas. You will have velocity dropoff at higher firing rates, and you won't have any kind of velocity consistency. You can overcome the physical damage of CO2 by installing a decent expansion chamber and a remote.
It's a much better idea to invest in nitro. It's not that expensive anymore either, try paintballgear.com, and some good deals on E-bay.

Paladin
04-05-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Army
'Mags run fine on Co2, as long as it is set up correctly.

'Mags just don't like LIQUID Co2 getting inside, keep it out and you will not have any problems.
:cool:

If CO2 is given the same considerations as to regulation as compressed air gets, CO2 will do an excellent job in your 'mag without lessening the life span of the seals.
Also, a little lubrication in the ASA from time to time will do well to preserve your gun too. Any paintgun.

magworks
04-05-2002, 01:28 PM
I played with Co2 on my mag a few days ago and it was terrible, the gun froze constantly and I had to limit the speed at which I fired to about 1 or 2 balls per second or it would surely freeze. I have not yet bought nitro because my previous gun was a spyder and I did not really need it. The constant freezing can be mostly blamed on the fact that it was about 45 degrees outside, but I will buy a cheap nitro before I play again.

Predater
04-05-2002, 01:35 PM
nitro is great. ive ben playing all winter. when it was in the -F it was freaking cold but my gun still worked great. got to love nitro on paintguns.