PDA

View Full Version : My emag rocks on brittle paint

LaW
03-14-2002, 04:10 PM
I did a bounce test on a bag of paint i had from sunday. I did 30 balls. I had a couple that bounced 7 times and the rest were between 0-2... there were more 0's then 1's or 2's though. Well anyway I just had some fun unloaded a hopper + warp full of this paint that just stinks :) pmi premium btw. An almost nonstop string until the end with my freak+superbolt emag... not one break :) I love my emag... doesn't handle brittle paint?? that's about as brittle as i've seen around here... hehe

Anyone else have a mag that just loves the brittle stuff???? :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-14-2002, 04:25 PM
Yep. I didn't break once in the whole case.
The paint was Potluck. For those who don't know it is very cheap "leftover" paint. Its from PMI. 35 bucks a case.

Heres a pic

zads27
03-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Lol, is that a ball clump?

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-14-2002, 04:43 PM
nah its pmi trying to use tipmanns idea of a paintgrenade.

HoppysMag
03-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Really bad PMI? iv had alot of good with them.

Butterfingers
03-14-2002, 05:25 PM
yeap... that foamie is key!

talls
03-14-2002, 05:46 PM
I used to shoot PMI Premium all the time and I thought it was great paint. I never had many breaks in the gun and it usually broke when it hit someone. While it is great it still can't hold its own against anarchy or marbs. I have never really shot marbs that much till last weekend but instead of shooting 100% anarchy now I will split it up 50/50. Those have to be the best paintballs in the industry. They are about the same quality but Anarchy is much cheaper 10-20 dollars less a case. Those paintballs are what I swear by now.

But to answer your question my mag never has tasted much brittle paint as I don't really like very brittle paint. If I were to use brittle paint I know I would break balls in the hopper when sliding into bunkers. Happened last week and ruined a couple of games and I had to take the hopper apart. The foamie on my superbolt works wonders though and since I have never had a foamie for the mag I am definatly sticking with it from now on.

LaW
03-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
Really bad PMI? iv had alot of good with them.

It was 20 degrees and they had it kept outside. Made it really brittle.

HoppysMag
03-14-2002, 06:37 PM
o.....ya cold weather will do that.

talls
03-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by LaW

It was 20 degrees and they had it kept outside. Made it really brittle.

OH, I see. It is a little rare to be 20 degrees in Tennessee so I never really had to play in that extreme. I bet all paint sucks in that weather though.

LaW
03-14-2002, 08:58 PM
I'm sure it does but it's nice to know the emag can handle it... when i played I broke a couple but switched inserts and was fine until another break etc... just a lot of switching inserts etc

talls
03-14-2002, 09:01 PM
Yeah if I am ever using terrible paint that is breaking alot I always use the biggest insert. It isn't as accurate because paint to barrel match is terrible, but it greatly lowers the amount of breaks I have.

PsychoMag
03-15-2002, 06:01 AM
hey watch it....my team is sponsored by PMI :)

nah...i dont like the premiums either...

Chupas2
03-15-2002, 08:51 AM
My gun love brittle paint. Shoot 8 cases in the last month and a half not one break. I love it.