PDA

View Full Version : A few RT Pro ?'s...

The Mafia
03-14-2002, 11:37 PM
I am finally ready to upgrade to an RT Pro but have a couple ?'s for those who have answers:

1. Vertical or Powerfeed?- which would be the better choice and why? I like the set up of the vertical feed better, i.e. balance and no elbow, but if the powerfeed is a much better choice I'll manage.

2. I know I will want a gas thru front, but the Pro doesn't come with them like the old RT's. How can I do this? I don't think a standard Mag vertical adapter will work as those are notched to fit the rail, and the Pro's grip is mounted to that vented stainless piece?

Thanks for your help....

The Mafia
03-15-2002, 05:18 PM
up

Poseidon
03-15-2002, 07:23 PM
i don't know about the fore-grip, but i'd definatly go with a vert feed. It's lower, feeds faster, and you don't have to use an elbow, which is just one more thing that might break.

Predater
03-15-2002, 11:37 PM
poseidon, are you on crack?;) the vert feed wont feed faster. check this if you want to now about vert and power feed. http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28751

PyRo
03-16-2002, 06:18 PM
Powerfeed will feed faster, and in my opinion is better overall, but the Pros/cons balence out pretty well. I'm just set in my ways, and sticking with the powerfeed. Its personall preferance, if you can see both and decide.

tjussery
03-16-2002, 09:24 PM
I like the vert feed better, but you don't have as many barrels to choose from.:rolleyes:

PyRo
03-17-2002, 06:30 AM
Heh, yeah I guess with only a few barrels out their for vert, it makes it easier to pick one. More companies are starting to make the vert barrels though.

cphilip
03-17-2002, 09:16 AM
About the gas through...they do have the old style RT gas through fore grips in stock so you can buy one abd just pu tit on the Pro. Easy. Or you can drill out the existing one as well. I got one of the old style RT ones and am about to change mine over.