PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kaye Visits Glen Palmer

AGD
03-15-2002, 12:14 PM
I visted my old friend Glen Palmer yesterday and he was very informative about the current state of the art in air actuated systems like his guns and cockers. I had a great time seeing his staff and his shop and we spent most of the afternoon talking shop. Glen is much like me in that he only wants to produce stuff he is proud of and does not cater to the elves. Here are some fun pics from his shop. The multi barrel gun has a hand crank on the side and it actually works. The great thing about his shop is that custom stuff like this is just sitting around everywhere!

AGD in CA

AGD
03-15-2002, 12:16 PM
Here is the first Nelson based semi auto Glen built.

OldSchoolMag
03-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Awesome! Looks like fun!

OSM

AGD
03-15-2002, 12:18 PM
more

davej946
03-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Glenn doesn't look to happy there, Tom. Was this an invite or a drop-in? ;) Just Kiddin. Keep the pics coming...

Later ~

AGD
03-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Glens shop

Spaceman613
03-15-2002, 12:27 PM
Man, I wish I could take both AGD and PPS shop "tours" two of my favorite companies...
Heck, I have a blazer and hurricane, and Im thinking of an extreme to compliment my PPS markers...

Glenn just always looks so happy;)

beam
03-15-2002, 12:30 PM
It looks like your gonna blast his head off with that triple! hahahah

Does Palmer ever visit AO....we should get him on here!

cphilip
03-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Cool! Glen has a nice ratty hole to dream up stuff in. every guy needs one of those. Great report Tom. Thanks for sharing with us.

shartley
03-15-2002, 12:39 PM
Yes.. great pictures…… I wonder how messed up he would be if you actually ORGANIZED his stuff? ;)

And we see yet more of Tom’s wardrobe!!!! Woo Hoo! Actually, what he has on in those pictures are pretty close to what I am wearing today. LOL But I have on my cowboy boots. :D

cphilip
03-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Yea Toms been snitchin from the stock room again to go stylin. And Glenn is sportin the Mechanic look. Ain't no body gonna hit them two up for spare change are they! May be the plan.

Just kidding you two guys. :D

headcase
03-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Two of my favorate paintball people!

I've had 3 Blazers(still have one), a Typhoon, A PPS customized PGP, and a COUNT(Classic Over/Under Nasty Typhoon)

and only Two mags (both E's one Micro)

After my Preordered Extreme is paid off, I'll probably be looking in to either a PPS Pump, or Typhoon as a X-mas/Aniversary Present for my WIFE! :)

I'm really going to have to make a Pilgramage to Sacramento one of these days.

Thanx for the pics TK

zvanut
03-15-2002, 02:10 PM
You really bunkered him good there in the first pic.

great stuff
:)

nerobro
03-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Wow, a palmer gun I've never heard about.. that nelson.... I didn't think glen ever played with those ;-) Too bad about camille... more pics of her would have been good.... question is where did she go.

Did you find out what the insides of a stabilizer look like? the prices are too high for me to really WANT to take mine apart to see what the inner workings of that reg look like...... But Im' so darned curious.

zads27
03-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Nice pictures, Tom! I kinda wanted more pictures of other toys, but I understand it was a visit for you, not for us.

Hehe, You really do look like you're gonna take Palmer's head off in that first picture.

Spaceman613
03-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Nero, I bet Budd Orr has taken a few stabilizers apart... And yet he still cant produce a reg as consistant and reliable as a stabe.. Or a rock for that matter...

And guess who is releasing a new externally adjustable pneumatics reg for his "elven magic" marker? Bud Orr, and it happens to be more expensive than a rock...

The more he does, the less I respect him....

Thank goodness I respect TK and GP so much.

thei3ug
03-15-2002, 02:49 PM
GLENN! My surrogate father! he is one of the absolute most coolest guys on the planet. In fact, he reminds me something of a louder, more obnoxious Tom Kaye. I met some damn good friends through a weekend with that guy. And a hot waitress. ohh... man, the south kicks butt.

As for palmer nelsons... look at that hefty brass ram on that hunk o junk! Palmer will convert nelson to semis upon request. I believe they still had a couple undone bushmaster bodies they were doing them to. For a price.

nerobro: camille was stolen out of the back of their truck at a tournament weekend. They took camille and nothing else of the valuables. That's the pisser.

nerobro
03-15-2002, 02:56 PM
If you look at the parts count ;-) the WGP regs are pretty nifty. They also seem to work pretty well.. and for the price they really can't be beat.

Yea.. camile was stolen to steal camille..... Not to steal things for value... theory is the gun was destroyed.. someone had a vendetta against mr palmer. :-/

HyperSnyper
03-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman613
Man, I wish I could take both AGD and PPS shop "tours" two of my favorite companies...

Space, Im with you, AGD and PPS are my 2 favorite companies. What I wouldnt give to meat these 2 legends in person and just talk paintball.

Heck, if you 2 (both) ever feel like dropping by Hawaii, let me know. LoL.

-Hyper

SHAG
03-16-2002, 08:08 AM
Hi,

I have met Tom Kaye once when he was in New Jersey last August. He was kind enough to let me sit at the booth for awhile since i was hobbling around on crouches. For the amount of time I was able to speak to me perseonally, I gain more respect for Tom.

Glenn Palmer is yet another person I have met on several ocassions. I have played on several teams he and Craig have set up for Splat. I look forward to seeing Glenn everytime there is a chance of a meeting. The Typhoon I own is the oldest gun I have. It was delievered on March 17, 1998. My first Mag would have been the oldest if I never sold it in March of 1999 out of a too many gun clause. Ironcically, I m on my 4th mag. If I knew then what I knew now, I would have not sold my first one :(

Back to Glenn... In short, a really nice and interesting guy in person. One of the few people who will be at the same level as you and not be an Elitist people that seem to be in Paintball. I just ordered a new peice from Palmer on the 15th, so I can t wait to see the outcome in about 6-8 weeks.

Later,
Alan

Blazini
03-16-2002, 11:08 AM
The creators of both my markers in the same room talking shop. Wish I could of been a fly on the wall. Blazer #334 and E-mag #728. The only problem with having both of those guns is I've got this huge tool box full of stuff and all it does is sit around and collect dust:D. Thanks for the pics Tom