PDA

View Full Version : Common problems with the RT valve

56kSomeGuy
03-15-2002, 01:36 PM
I'm kinda new to the Rt valve. Been having some problems with the valve but can't tell where the problem is comming from. So I just want to know the common problems with the Rt valve and how to fix them. The more info the better.

BlackVCG
03-15-2002, 01:56 PM
The more info, the better I can help you. Describe in detail the problems you're having and your gun setup.

56kSomeGuy
03-15-2002, 03:12 PM
The gun keeps on sputtering when gassing up and keeps on leeking air down the barrel. I switched the o rings and tried all the powertube spacers but its not fixing the problem.

LaW
03-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Did you get it used? Has the sear and bolt been through a lot? Do they look worn at all? Have you tried replacing your bolt spring?

56kSomeGuy
03-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Yes i got it used and it hasen't worked since i got it. I replaced all the o-rings and the bolt spring but it didn't help. The bolt and sear are in good shape but it still leaks and sputters. Is there a difference between regular automag powertub o-rings to Rt power tube o-rings? It might be the o-ring since i mixed up my RT o-rings with my automag kit.

LaW
03-15-2002, 07:06 PM
the powertubes are the same... i've used a ptube oring from my regular mag kit with my retro and it worked... maybe it's the on/off pin? does it look polished or sanded down in anyway? hmmm

56kSomeGuy
03-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Nop no scraches on the on/off pin it looks smooth.

the123
03-15-2002, 07:27 PM
1 thing you must keep in mind when gassing up your RT is that you must give the valve a quick burst of air for all the seals to seat properly. one way is with a compressed air bottle with an on-off . you need to gas it up quickly is the key.

LaW
03-15-2002, 07:59 PM
If you can't give it that quick burst of air stick a squeegee down the barrel and push the bolt while you gas up until everything seals.

LiLcCBOi26
03-17-2002, 03:20 AM
holding your trigger back while gassing up is another method that works the same way as pushing the bolt in...also..i'm sure this is not the problem..but if you have an adjustable tank, make sure the input pressure is high evnough..above 625psi i believe

56kSomeGuy
03-17-2002, 03:32 PM
right now im running the e-mag off of a preset 68/3000 crossfire tank. Could it be my tank causing the sealing and sputtering problems??

Sgt. York
03-17-2002, 03:51 PM
If you are using a bolt and sear that didn't come with the valve, your power tube spacer might be the problem. the standard one is 220. if the spacer is too large, air will leak past the o-ring. New or not. I also had that problem with an ANS fomie bolt. It worked fine for about 3 cases of paint then started leaking down the barrel. The back of the bolt had worn down. I've swithed back to the stock bolt and haven't had a problem since. I too have just purchased a used Retro Valve. Fortunatly, mine works great. What an improvement. When you get it working right, you'll agree it was worth the money. Good luck. Don't give up.

56kSomeGuy
03-18-2002, 09:48 PM
Yay!! Got it to work. The problem was that the bolt was bladly worn out causing the sear not to catch it properly and causing the leak down the barrel + the sputtering. Thank you all for your help.:D :D This e-mag rocks!!!!