PDA

View Full Version : I've Got A Really Interesting Question. Tom, Could You Shed Some Light?

Vex
03-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Before vert feed was introduced, markers came only two ways: hopper right, or hopper left (whether it was powerfeed or not.) So here's my question: There are a lot more right-handed people in the world, so why is (was) the standard for a marker to come with the feed on the right side of the gun? (Most products that require the use of one hand, are usually geared towards right handers.)

Please Tom, tell us what you know!!! :confused:

korrupt
03-15-2002, 04:24 PM
well i asked a giy this too and he said because that is how they started out and kept coming out like that, because have you ever shot a gun for a really long time with the feed on the left, then on the right, it just feels wierd!

talls
03-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Very good question; however, I myself am right handed and have a hopper right body. About a year and a half ago I was going to switch to a hopper left because everyone kept telling me that they were for right handers. I never get hopper hits and that just shows how you can get used to anything. I would like to know why they did make more hopper rights. Interesting...

Vex
03-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Same with me: right-handed and I've got a hopper right Minimag. I don't experience any more hopper hits due to this.

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-16-2002, 01:22 AM
i always have all my PF mags H/L. this seemed normal and i got used to shooting like this. now as i get into speedball, hyperball, and the tournament scene, i realize that the hopper should be on the right. you want to cross the gun over your mask to lower your profile. why this wouldn't be seen as normal is beyond me. but then again, most rec ballers really aren't concerned about thier profile. oh well. i guess it's off to fine the verticle feed or hopper right.