PDA

View Full Version : Mag as a Backup?

InfinatyBPS
03-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Ok, I am currently upgrading my cocker getting new Mac Dev internals, pneus, and some other small parts and later on, I am going to probably buy some kind of body kit, spanky or somthing for around $350. But then I relized that I could get a minimag or somthing like that for only $275, or a TKO with some stuff for around the same. So What do you guys think, a Mag or a Body kit, I have a stock 2k1 rf body which realy sux, so I wanted a different body. But I just want to see what you guys think...

mikey101
03-16-2002, 12:42 PM
if it were me in your place, i would probably just go with the upgrading on the cocker. it sounds like you have a very nice setup, just not the looks you want. Don't get me wrong, i'm an avid mag fan, but if you have a reliable setup as it is, then you might as well perfect that and then work on the back up mag. another thing you might want to try is just building a mag from scratch, could be cheaper, and you can get exactly what you want then! but it's your deal, thats just my two cents :) good luck!

ArthurDent
03-16-2002, 12:46 PM
ya finish your cocker then worry about a back up later when you have one gun the way you want it

Hysperion
03-16-2002, 01:04 PM
better to have one real nice gun then 2 semi-nice ones that you can't afford to upgrade.....I'd probably fix your cocker up, then get a mag...or sell the cocker and buy an rt pro....

OldSchoolMag
03-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Definatly. Finish one project before you start the next.

OSM

InfinatyBPS
03-16-2002, 02:53 PM
the thing is, the mag would not be a project, I would buy it stock and leave it that way, just in case my cocker ever goes down and I don't want to have a messed day.

Predater
03-16-2002, 05:02 PM
HA, HA, HA, HA!! why would you leave a gun your going to keep stock? i said upgrade the cocker. you like it and they are great guns. get the cocker how you want it then buy a used rt or pro for a backup. the rt is a way faster gun than a mag. it really is.

get the cocker fixed first. this may be a mag forum but you like the cocker so get it done first.

what am i saying? do what you want to do;)

xmetal2001
03-16-2002, 05:25 PM
Me myself could never spend that much on a body, but since its your money;) go for it. You don't need a mag just take care of your cocker.

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Sell the cocker and buy a mag,or spend your money on a body kit.

algriggs
03-17-2002, 07:56 PM
im with xmetal2001, just either go for one or the other...