PDA

View Full Version : .225 spacer?

dave_p
03-16-2002, 05:32 PM
my minimag started leaking down the barrel on a cold day of play, would hiss when lightly pulling on trigger yadayada. got progressively worse, now it hisses as soon as i gas up, stops when i hold trigger.it fires and recocks but leaks. watched video, did a search found out maybe i need a pt spacer, i ordered a kit its coming. my question is this:
my minimag is 4 years old it has a .225 spacer, was this a timebomb? a few folks seem to think that AGD changed to shipping mags with .220 spacers. was the change to correct an issue or is my marker just breaking in. its old but has only seen @ 6000-7000 balls so far.

i use compressed air, preset @ 850, all stock internals marker is immaculately cleaned and kept.

PyRo
03-16-2002, 06:06 PM
As your gun wears more, your going to need differant spacer sizes.
Your telling me your gun is 4 years old with only 6000 balls though it?

dave_p
03-16-2002, 06:29 PM
actually double that, i was doing quick mental math wrongly thinking case=1000 instead of 2000 when i wrote that, plus thats a conservative estimate. plus a few years ago a case was 2500 balls(what happened?) so bump it up a little more, last year hardly played at all though. been playin a lot of pump lately too. married, kids, house=dont play as much as youd like to.

PyRo
03-16-2002, 06:32 PM
You check your PT o-ring? That could do it too.

dave_p
03-16-2002, 06:40 PM
yeah, i swapped with the one in my on off(although that one is just as old and oil hardened) and had no change. when my kit comes from ADG ill try the ring first and then the spacers and see what happens. i figure ill wind up needin em sooner or later anyway cus ill own this mag until they have to mount it on my wheelchair. i plan on gettin a little more play in this season so i want it running nice.
thanx for the advice

dave_p
03-17-2002, 10:14 AM
what are the chances down the road i will need a larger spacer? or will it keep needing smaller ones as time goes on?

Sgt. York
03-17-2002, 04:04 PM
could be you bolt or sear is worn too. This would let the bolt sit farther down in the power tube. But you're right, mags now come with a .220 spacer out of the box.