PDA

View Full Version : Tanks to go with an RT Pro

Telefragged
03-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Well, here I am, months away from buying an RT Pro, and I haven't decided on an air system. I was originally planning on going with a CenterFlag 420 Hyperflow 68/4500 preset, but surfing these forums has led me to think that getting an adjustable tank is a better idea.

So, here we are, I've got a few questions.

Will the 420 Hyperflow give me good "reactivity" and consitency on an RT, given its 750-800psi output? Or will I benefit from a 'higher end' adjustable tank? Choices, choices, choices...

I found Raptor Rex 4500's for 250
AGD 3K Flatlines for 270 or so
Then again, the CF 420 is only 212.

I was leaning towards the Raptor Rex because its a 4500psi which means lots of shots for me, adjustable, and relatively cheap in the scheme of things. But I've read over at PBReview that they have no on/off and no output pressure guage and are on the heavy side. What's your experience with this tank, for anyone who has used it?

The Flatline only comes in a 3K version (or at least is does for my budget) but has gotten rave reviews all over this, and other PB websites, has a great on/off or so I'm told), problem is the mounting system and only 3K fill capacity.
Buying QD's and rail adapters is gonna cost me some extra cash on top of what I'm already spending.

Then there's the good 'ole screw in Hyperflow. It screws in, so I can change it between my current M98 and RT (when I get it) with no problem. Its also a 4500 fill capacity which means lots-o-shots for me, problem is, I cant adjust it.

I know my post was a bit looong, but I'd appreciate help from anyone who'd be willing to contribute, thanks!

ArthurDent
03-16-2002, 08:46 PM
if you can get fills to 4.5k then save up a little more and get 68/4500 flatline, saw some at predator paintball in sac that tom had they are looking real nice and aprently they wont be that much more expensive then the 3k. The 4.5k are shiping also so it wont be long till they are in stores

SlipknotX556
03-16-2002, 09:45 PM
Flateline all the way.

boss_automager
03-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Flatline=AGD,RT=AGD,c'mon get the Flatline!

Telefragged
03-16-2002, 11:29 PM
Really, I know the Flatline is AGD and RT is AGD, but thats not wuite what I'm looking for. I'm on kind of a limited budget and don't want to invest $300 into a tank simply because it will be 'cool' What I'm really looking for is the best bang for the buck. And so far, the Raptor seems to be fitting that category, 4500psi fills, adjustable, etc. Unless I can get a relevant reason to buy a tank, I might get a Raptor.

RT_Luver
03-17-2002, 11:32 AM
I have an RT PRO with AGD 3k. u dont have to worry bout shot count cuz I shoot like 400-500 shots per game and i only need to fill it up like every 4 games.of course by then i'm running low on paint and gotta get some more.....or gak some from my friends when they playing and i'm not:p

RT_Luver
03-17-2002, 11:36 AM
ALSO.......more then likely the AGD 45's will be coming out relatively soon, and u sid that ur months away from buying it. by then the 45's should be out by then. if u go to dropzonepaintball.com they have a pre order thing for the 45's and round 380 or something. I cant remember and I thought that was a good deal.just my $.02

OldSchoolMag
03-17-2002, 12:23 PM
I'm going to say go with one of the 4.5k systems. First of all, I'm not going to say AGD just because we're on the server. Let's look at it this way - 3k really won't last you that long on an RT Pro, especially with it's addictive ROF. I know because I'm always running back to the air fill station in between games. Now, the adjustable feature is nice and all, but if you can only shoot certain amount, then being able to adjust your output is a mute point. I'd go with a 4.5k system (the Flatline, if you can, but even PMI Pure Energy's will perform well) so that you'll be able to keep up with the paint your shooting.

Hope this helps.

OSM

Jordan-APL
03-18-2002, 11:11 AM
I would say wait for the new 45 flatline and get one of those.

Telefragged
03-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Everyone's telling me to get a 4.5k Flatline, and if I could, I would, its just too expensive for me, even a 3k Flatline is pushing it, I really don't think I can spend close to $400 on a tank, its jsut too much money. I could buy a 3k with a dovetail adapter and QD for around $320, which isn't bag considering that the CenterFlag will cost aroud $250 with a drop, QD for the asa and everything. I;ve decided against the Raptor, the lack of an on/off and not output pressure guage would really bother me.

So, right now I'm either looking at a 3K Flatline or CenterFlag Hyperflow.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-18-2002, 04:23 PM
ok i use a crossfire tank on my r/t pro and it really sux. when it comes to air the 3 best u can get are:
-angel AIR
-Flatline 4500
-Flatline 3000
of course that's my 0.02.

RT_Luver
03-18-2002, 05:07 PM
ok....guess I shoulda mentioned this earlier but I had forgotten. My friend has that centerflag hyper flow and they dont work great on RT Pro's. I mean their alright but u do really want an adjustable tank for the RT. I borrowed his and the reactivity wasn't very good.

Telefragged
03-18-2002, 06:06 PM
So its established that an adjustable tank will work better for the RT style valves, now, about how many shots can I get off a 68/3K Flatline? Somewhere around 700 I'm guessing. Playing 5 man do you think that will be enough shots for a middle/front player?

I can't justify spending $380 on an air tank, its jsut too much money, and for someone on a limited budget, I just can't do it. Who thinks a 68/3K Flatine will be ok? And if not, please dont tell me to save up and get a 4.5K Flatline, I can't spend that much on a tank, heck, thats more than 2/3 the price of the gun!

OldSchoolMag
03-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Front to middle? Jeez... look, don't go with it because of its name! Yes, AGD makes good products, yes, their name means quality, but if you're A) on a budget, or B) looking for something more than they offer, then their product may not be for you. Like you, I'm not gonna shell out 300+ (Heck, 200+!) bucks for something I'm gonna toss in 3 years most likely (it's hard to take care of those tanks in my area...) that I'm buying in the first place because of the name! Best for your money in my opinion, is the PMI Pure Energy 68/88ci 4500psi. No, it's NOT adjustable. No, it's not AGD. Let me tell you, though - it works fine. I noticed NO difference in reactivity at all. I got over 950 shots per fill, and it was consistant and best of all - CHEAP! It's $189.99 at most places, which is a very good deal for a 4.5k. The 4.5k Flatlines will be a little out of your feasible budget if you're like me (it's going away in 3 years, why blow my cash!?) and is still a top quality tank. In between a 3k Chubby, a 3k Flatline, and a 4.5k Pure Energy, I noticed zero - ZERO difference in reactivity, and the slight difference was between consistancy of the Flat and PE versus the Chubby. In my book, the Flatline is only better because it is adjustable, but it is still TOO SMALL for me! Look, in the end it's up to you, I'm just saying what I'd do... and trying not to rhyme. Oh well.

OSM

mykroft
03-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Go with the Crossfire 45/88 Stubby if you can find one, otherwise the PMI 45/88 Preset is excellent. The RT doesn't really need an adjustable system.

As for an Adjustable system, don't bother with the Raptor, get a Max-Flow or a 45 Flatline.

Telefragged
03-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Ok, so after someone tells me that a CenterFlag preset won't work well, and that the RT needs an adjustable tank, someone else (please excuse the 'someone' for lack of a better reference) tells me that a PMI (essentially the same as a CF) works great, and that the RT doesn't need an adjustable system to work good.

...Augh!...

Too bad there can't be one 'all defining' poster who can really square things away for me. I'm still at odds, but have tossed the Rex away as an option, and am still looking at a 3K Flatline or a 4.5K Hyperflow. Too bad they don't make 3K Flatlines in an 88ci size...bah!

Once again, a Max-Flow or anything of that nature is out of my willing reach. I know I'm probably being annoying in my persistence, bnut would really like AO'ers to keep 'em coming!

Tufiremn
03-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Tele, I'll I can say is that when I was running my RT Pro on a pre-set (800psi) Crossfire it would go retro with just the slightest trigger pull and chop the hell outta paint. It was almost impossible to find the sweet spot. I picked up a used AA Apoc 68/4500, and played with the output pressure. Between 700-750 psi the gun had a nice sweet spot, and didn't break paint. A few times the pressure would creep up to 800 psi ( I failed to oil the AA reg)and the gun would start it's imitation of a blender once again. Now this was with a Warp / 12vx revvy. The lower psi will also give you more shots, as I went through a 200 round hopper, and 6 140 round tubes, and still had air left. Course at that point I just let the RT Pro sing, and watched as heads ducked and covered. Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

BTW, The really nice thing about an adjustable tank is that you can tune the marker so that it works best for YOU.