PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the brass eagle lawsuit

boss_automager
03-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Well as we all know by now Brass Eagle has been sueing Odessey. I've checked WARPIG and pbreview and their is no news there. Do any of you guys know anthing about how the case is going so far.

mrhooie
03-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Odyssey has 30 days to respond

media
03-17-2002, 12:51 AM
What's BE's beef?

Ov3rmind
03-17-2002, 01:00 AM
BE's beef is: since they bought out Viewloader they've enjoyed an easy route to dominating the electronic loader market. Now that another product is actually threatening their reign, they have to act like babies and try to sue 'em. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Cliffio
03-17-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
BE's beef is: since they bought out Viewloader they've enjoyed an easy route to dominating the electronic loader market. Now that another product is actually threatening their reign, they have to act like babies and try to sue 'em. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

no thats wrong, and actually your answer was rather pathetic, its that the odessey feed system is similar in nature to the way the the eggolution is SUPPOSE to work, so they have their panties in a twist, they prolly wont win but i guess they figure its worth a try

BE/VL has dominated the electric hopper market because you have other stupid companies like ZAP comming out with a dumb loader that doesnt work, and BE/VL has patents on the 12v/9v that cant really be bent, thats why the ricko has little bendy sticks intsead of a paddle

and in all its a great product, if it wasnt would there be soo many people world wide using them?

odessey a threat? hardly, i wouldnt call a $130 loader a threat to anyone, no way will intry/begginer/novice people pay 135 bucks for a hopper, they are gonna go with a 12v because it works, and in this, i would hardly call odessey a threat, i didnt see EVERYONE throwing away their revys and buying into the HALO hype, i did but i still have my trust x-board 12v to be there when/if the HALO goes down because of first round bugs

i wouldnt jump to conclusions just because YOU have beef with BE/VL