PDA

View Full Version : Automag Freak system???

Bykerkyle
03-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Is there a freak system for the automag??? And if so how does it work with the weird automag barrel??? If so post pics so i can see it.

nutz
03-17-2002, 12:11 AM
well the insert backs up to a seperate breach... and the ball falls in the breach... i believe the breach is .7 bore...

the reason this works ok is because the mag bolt actually pushes the ball slightly forward before releasing the gas and shooting so therefore the ball is in the insert already when the gun fires :D

works GREAT on my emag :D

Xzion
03-17-2002, 03:09 AM
I think nutz pretty much sumed it up, I just took some pics, which will hopefully shed some light for you. This one shows how it assembles, you remove the freak front and the insert is pushed in to the back from the middle, and butts up against the 'mag style breech, screw the front tip back on and your done.

Xzion
03-17-2002, 03:11 AM
This pic shows the insert from a vantage point looking down the hole where the balls feed into the breech section of the barrel. The Insert is the red section BTW. Its kinda hard to make out other sections, as the barrel is black. :)

If your still not sure what's going on exactly, drop me an email at xzion@sympatico.ca and I can record a short mpeg video showing you how it goes together and whatnot.

Kevmag
03-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Can the paintball get "pinched" between the back and the insert?

311automag
03-17-2002, 01:08 PM
it seems like the ball would have trouble centering in the insert once it drops into the breach.

Bykerkyle
03-17-2002, 05:34 PM
are the inserts the same as on any other freak or are they different because they go in the front?

nutz
03-17-2002, 06:23 PM
the inserts are exactly the same as with any other freak system...

the reason balls dont get pinched is probly because there is only a very small bore difference, not enought to effect anything