PDA

View Full Version : Why does one company need multiple websites?

mikey101
03-17-2002, 12:23 AM
I was looking for an ans gen-x reg when i stumbled on paintballondemand.com. I found they had a good price of $100, but still not being satisfied I went searching and came across shop4paintball.com. after feeling like i had been there before(although never had)I relized that the phone # was the same. Then I found that it was in fact the same website with just different colors, and a slightly different format. Is this really necessary?

Mav D MagMan
03-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Easy to suck you in and make more money, kind of like multiple stores to draw in a broader range of customers. Although there really ain't no justification for doing it online, everybody is free to go most everywhere.

the JoKeR
03-17-2002, 07:16 AM
It's all marketing. Someone might hate the products, service, or prices of company X, but love what they bought from company Y, not knowing they're the same company. Tom Monahan, founder of Domino's Pizza had planned early on in his business to do the same thing: have two competing pizza delivery places in the same city. People would like one over the other and he'd win either way. Smart business-wise, but not necessarily doing any favors to the consumer.

Jonno06
03-17-2002, 07:58 AM
look at www.888paintball.com www.800paintball.com www.paintballfulfillment.com they are all the same basically

ArthurDent
03-17-2002, 09:33 AM
i ordered from 800 paintball and they charged me once and so did 888 paintball and fundimentals....so one flatline cost me 900$.........I would never order from them if you can help it.....Paintballgear is where its at