PDA

View Full Version : Goggles

Eagle
03-17-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm looking at getting some new goggles in the next few months. I'm thing of either the Dye Invision or the Raven Nuvis. Any suggestions, or pros and cons?

TITAN
03-17-2002, 10:30 AM
i just picked up my new dye invision at bad boyz toyz this week and i love it. its so comfortable. it just fits my head perfect and i like the way its got a smaller profile than my jt spectra.

xmetal2001
03-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Dye Invisions are nice, comfortable, and look cool. So get that. But realize that they are made for a very low profile so it does not cover as much of you face as an average mask.

toymyster
03-17-2002, 10:52 AM
Try them both on and see which one fits you better!! I tryed both and the Dye is not very comfortable for me, the Nuvis is!!! I also like the photochromic lens on the Nuvis!! On the other hand, the Nuvis does not have a thermal lens, Dye does!!! Talking to the guys at Raven, they will have the next generation Nuvis out in about a month, with a photochromic and thermal lens, that's what I'm waiting for!! It's all just personal preferance!!

Puddleglum
03-17-2002, 02:04 PM
I just bought a Nuvis 2.0. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives.

Snooky
03-17-2002, 02:06 PM
I personaly would suggest the JT flex-7 line. Not only are they decently priced now they are real comforatbale and don't fog. I would atleast consider them.

311automag
03-17-2002, 02:58 PM
yeah, you cant beat a flex7 for the price. great masks.

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 03:04 PM
I like the Dye mask,they are good looking and they dont fog very much.Flex-7's are good also.

Aranarth
03-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Nothing but excellent experience with my nuvis. Wish it weren't so pricy, but only pay the cost once.
-AranarthX

Cliffio
03-18-2002, 01:17 AM
dye

i like mine and ive only had it a week

its far better than the flex i had

alf
03-18-2002, 07:58 AM
i got a dye, got gogged, ran water over the lens, and got water in between the lenses...the water in el paso is "hard" meaning it has a lot of mineral deposits, so, now i have water spots IN BETWEEN the lenses...i went to dyeprecision.com today to check on replacement lenses, and they are all out...

i can sell you an invision CHEAP!!! lol

have you looked into the morphs yet?

MagMan5446
03-18-2002, 08:19 AM
Get a V-Force Morph. Best mask on the market.

The thermal lense in the Morph is only a single panel, and it does not fog. At all. It's extremely comfortable, looks good, and the lenses are easy as hell to change.

Cliffio
03-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by alf
i got a dye, got gogged, ran water over the lens, and got water in between the lenses...the water in el paso is "hard" meaning it has a lot of mineral deposits, so, now i have water spots IN BETWEEN the lenses...i went to dyeprecision.com today to check on replacement lenses, and they are all out...

that sounds like YOUR fault not the goggles'

martlet1
03-18-2002, 11:24 AM
I have the flex gogs too, they are great, never fog at all.

Thordic
03-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

that sounds like YOUR fault not the goggles'

How the hell should he clean the goggles? Get them dry-cleaned? The lenses shouldn't let water in that easy. I never had my JT's get water between the lenses, and I wash them in water after every time I play.

Thats a design flaw, not user error.

wyn1370
03-18-2002, 12:57 PM
see if you can try on a few diffent sets. get the one you like best. if you try on a v-force, I'm pretty sure you'll end up with one, they are my personal fav. see my reasoning here (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29361)

Cliffio
03-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

How the hell should he clean the goggles? Get them dry-cleaned? The lenses shouldn't let water in that easy. I never had my JT's get water between the lenses, and I wash them in water after every time I play.

Thats a design flaw, not user error.

no goggle system is made to be ran under water, they are suppose to be sprayed with water not letting water run on them, i dont care what mask you have, run water on it and its gonna get it on the inside, it happened to me with my flex, i had to buy new lenses, i have alot had paint get into the sponge between the double lense, is that manufactor flaw?
if so, then the flex 7 is just as guilty

but you cant blame a double lense when you run water over it, its not made to have that to it, he should have been smart enough to know that running water over a mask is going to get in places, and some of those places should not have water in them

Thordic
03-18-2002, 03:21 PM
I've been running my Spectras and Flex 7's under the faucet every time after I play for the past 2 years or so. Never EVER had water get between the lenses. You don't use a needle to inject water inside to clean that part, Cliffio :)

lopxtc
03-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Ive been running my thermal lenses under running water since 93-94, and the only time I ever had any water get into mine was when the foam wore out because of age ... I also remember assembling my first pair of thermal lenses myself ... *L* using an epoxy to adhear the foam gasket and two lenses together ... talk about ghetto rigging ... *LOL*
I use a V-Force Morph now, and would highly recommend them to anyone ... after dealing with JT lenses for the past 7-8 years I have gotten tired of the time and effort it takes to change them. Nothing beats being able to changes your lens in under 20-30 seconds ...

Aaron