PDA

View Full Version : New Piston

The Jackel
03-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi, i just got a new classic mag and have a few questions. first i am going to be getting nitro for my gun. Somebody told me that first i have to replece my stock piston with a new high pressure piston. I am not very familar with nitrogen. What is that lowest pressureyou can run it at, also wouldnt it be better to run your gun on a lower pressure to conserve air. And my last question is that if i am going to run it on a low pressure schouldnt i use some sort of a regulator? What is a a good cheap regulator? Please help me out i am very lost.:confused: :confused:

RATM
03-17-2002, 12:19 PM
You don't have to replace anything. It's already nitro ready.

The Jackel
03-17-2002, 01:02 PM
well then why do they sell that new piston and what is the point of it.

J
03-17-2002, 01:10 PM
The HP piston I believe is for really old mags, or mags with broken pistons. So you really dont need to add anything when you get nitro, and you dont need a reg. The mag works off its own reg and presset nitro is perfect pressure for a standard mag.

HoppysMag
03-17-2002, 01:11 PM
they want to make money... and a mag is a regulator. you dont need a nother reg. im to tired right now but check this out...http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28923 that should explain all the regulator stuff.

CleenSweep
03-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Jackel,
Listen to these guys they know what they are talking about. Your mag needs nothing to go to Nitro, just screw the tank on and your set (unless you get an ajustable tank).

The Jackel
03-17-2002, 07:31 PM
OK thanks every 1 for ur help