?????? =(

they all use damn cockers, bastards D:

FeelTheRT
03-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Most tourny players use Angels.

besides, whats wrong with Cockers?

meamazn
03-17-2002, 01:50 PM
nothing wrong with cockers, but just wondering why most of them arent using mags....mags are just as good as cockers

Cardinal_Biggles
03-17-2002, 01:50 PM
1. I notice you're new to the forums, so I'll warn ya to avoid cussing. you can edit your post now so the mods don't have to do it for you ;) .
2. Consider how many companies make different versions of the cocker. Now consider that most tourny teams have sponsors who endorse them to use certain products. You can also see at almost any rec field more cockers than mags, and it's because cockers are simply more popular. Maybe it has something to do with them dern elves :eek: .

InfinatyBPS
03-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Mabe its because, AGD only sponsors like 2 teams(more or less) WDP and WGP on the other hand, sponsor like a whole bunch of teams. So they get to use Cockers or Angels for cheap or free.

Snooky
03-17-2002, 02:05 PM
If a company is gonna sponser me I'll shoot the gun they give me. Love my mag but if someone says use this cocker and u dont have to pay for paint Bring it on. Its all about sponsorship baby!

magman007
03-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Manny from Aftershock used a retromag up until last year, and this wasnt a sponsorship deal either. He used his cuz he loved it. Now he shoots a sfl e-mag. Also, if you ever go to the IAO, there are a ton of mags, there is on average 1 to every team. Cockers are more popular tho. Are you gonna wear the old school converse shoes(ones from the 70's) or the brand new iversons? The IVERSONS! why? cuz he is a pro player who most people respect! plus they look cooler. same deal with angels. that is why recplayers shoot cockers also. Personally i just like my cocker better than i did my rt pro.

OldSchoolMag
03-17-2002, 02:37 PM
No offense, Magman, but I am really lost on that shoe analogy... oh well.

'Mags are less customizable out of box, because they are better built out of box (not that Cockers and Angels aren't). But this limits the freedom that the owner has to upgrade and personalize his marker, and some people really like having "project" guns - guns requiring a lot of work and extra parts. It's fun to do, so I can see why more people use Cockers. Now Angels are also semi-project guns, but no less than 'Mags. Angels, however, are electro, and very expensive, which kinda gives players a power trip. But, all in all, they are also very nice guns, if not equal to or better than most Mags. Personally, I like them all. As you'll no doubt hear a lot, it's all preference. Also, as was stated before, WDP and WGP sponsor a good number of teams, while AGD does not. I think they're trying to remedy this by taking on a couple more teams, but for the most part, they're out numbered in the sponsoring area. Oh well. Personally, I really see a good number of Mags at every field I go to. I've never had the whole "Mags are dead" debate in real life, just on the internet. I guess I'm just lucky. Welcome to AO.

OSM

Nitroduck
03-17-2002, 02:47 PM
2 reasons.

More tourney teams use em

You can have your own personal Cocker.....Mags dont have that unique factor.

Most peoples mindset is "hmm, all these people use gun X and gun X look cool, I want to try it out and see if I'll like it" they try it and like it.

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 03:39 PM
I play on on a team that uses angels and cocker,I use my SFL.SOme advice for everyone,use what you like,not what is popular.I guess i am one of those guys that wear old converse shoe.:)

RT_Luver
03-17-2002, 03:53 PM
dont know if any one said this but its also about originality. The cockers have SO MANY frigin upgrades that it aint even funny. Most of um are just for looks but look at the mag...it doesn't have to many and if you buy something u can bet that somebody some where esle has it too. cocker on the other hand have so many that if u buy say 5 parts to put on it since they have so many different parts the chances of some one else having them are pretty slim.

RT_Luver
03-17-2002, 03:58 PM
one of my old team captains bought a 2k cocker and loved it. He let me try it out for a game and I loved it mainly cuz all I had ever played with was a tippmann. I went out and bought one. I didn't know that guns could have SO MANY pieces. I about lost that little ball thing that works with the safety. well a few month went by and I got tired of it and sold it mainly cuz I couldn't fix it cuz I didn't ahve any of the tools. I bought my RT PRO and fell in love with th game again. well mainly what I was saying b4 I got onto this little biography was that alot of people imitate people that they look up to like I did.byt he way...that captain quite paintball and I sorta took over the team.YAY...we have won 3 tourneys since then.

slayer
03-17-2002, 04:13 PM
the reason I shoot an e-mag is that I want an electro that doesn't have to be tuned, and I can put down for long periods of time, and have work perfectly. I hear the angels are similiar in this respect but I couldn't afford/want an angel(I got a great deal on my emag when it came out)

Interceptor
03-17-2002, 04:27 PM
My question is, Why do you care what they use? Use what you like and what is comfortable. Just because something is used in a tournament doesn't mean everyone should use it.

liigod
03-17-2002, 04:30 PM
cockers are great guns thats why. When set up correctly dont haev to worry about chopping or breaking. The MAIN reason,is cus they are comfortable with them. I dont shoot a mag cus im not comfortable with it. The last few ive owned choped like a mofo and im not guna be comefortable bunkering someone if i think it might chop. pro players use what they are comfortable with. Cockers are great guns. Angels are somewhat useable. Id rather use a mag than an angel. I know lots of people are using gz timmys cus they are acurate, small, dont chop, and are reliable as any mag. Pro players although sometimes get stuck with sponsers that force them to use guns.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Actually my local feild raids it all with:

Bushy
Cocker (most of them have a race,F5 upgrade, or Uprising frame)
Angel

but it really does not matter, its preference all preference.

raehl
03-17-2002, 10:01 PM
I use an E-Mag, and I'm a tourny player...

Gotta love that Warp Feed.

- Chris

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 10:21 PM
I love autocockers,bushy,angels,they are all great guns,I have shot and played with all of them.They all have there pro/cons though,just as Mags and E-mags do,but when i went looking for a gun to upgrade from my spyder way back in the day i found that autocokers were a little too complex for me and the mag was a better deal mainly becouse it is known for it being reliable.Now 4 years down the road i am commited to AGD products for there quility and craftmanship.:D

Panzerr
03-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Uh, I'm a tourny player and I shoot a retro. I used it at the Chicago Open last year. Worked just fine for me.

skipdogg
03-18-2002, 02:26 PM
my team uses only Mags. We play tourney's

fearc7
03-18-2002, 06:36 PM
automags are pretty customizable in looks with a little imagination and risk unfortunetly. a little custom work goes a long way in originality and looks. i cut the end of my classic at an angle like r/t pros, polished the powder grey to chrome and put a flame black sticker made custom at some outlet on both sides. a lot of milling and custom work can be done to the body rail also, but i have not done any yet.

FeelTheRT
03-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by fearc7
automags are pretty customizable in looks with a little imagination and risk unfortunetly.

aren't all guns??

FooTemps
03-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Many tourny players don't use mags because companies that sponsor them don't make mag parts/mods/parts. If you look at kapp, they have angel and cocker's that they customize. Same for shocktech, ans, 32 degrees, etc.

Mav D MagMan
03-18-2002, 07:07 PM
All of you have great answers... but the correct one is this...

They can't throw it on the ground when they throw hissy fits. Mostly because they can't blame it for their loss or mistake (because it don't ever malfunction, right? :) )

And if they did throw it down, there'd be hoards or angry AO members charging the field to inflict bodily injury upon the poor sport.

LOL it's all in fun guys, late!

GallagherAtWar
03-18-2002, 08:51 PM
i think the another reason not a lot tourney players are seen with mags is that the AGD has been doing a lot work with police making special guns and paintballs

now that they arn't doing as much for the police they can focus on their customers and tom will get his marketing hat and start advertizeing more and start creating more products and so on

AGD will catch up you'll see. Mags will, in the soon future, "run with the big dogs" :)

Chri$$