PDA

View Full Version : Bob Long Intimidator 75bps!!!!!

Havoc_online
03-17-2002, 02:39 PM
ok, I bet that got your attention. Here's the deal, at the field I goto, only my girlfriend(capoeira) and myself shoot mags and are definitly respected on the field. However, the owner and a few of his refs shoot Intimidators(the field owner is a certified timi tech) and when the ref saw my RT the the first time I ever went out he says he's waiting for his semi only board which can shoot 75bps. I was like, ok whatever wake up and smell the java, I don't know too much about those guns but I told him if anything maybe the board can cycle that fast but the gun wont keep up of course becuase of recharge and loading, take your pick. He proceeded with "well they did it on the website, there's a video" which of course he could'nt give me the address. So I've blown him off for a long time but now his boss the owner backs him up so guys, give me something to shove in their faces, I looked a while online but found nothing. I think if something had tripled the speed of the RT, then I would have heard it a long time ago, I need to shut them up, lol....

OldSchoolMag
03-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Well, actually... compared to other electronic equipment, sending a piece of information 75 times in a second is quite SLOW. And I doubt any chip can make a Timmy (or any gun for that matter) cycle at above 45 times per second. And you said it was semi-only? Well, that's great for him, having a chip and all that can cycle your gun at 75 bps, when it becomes physically impossible for him to shoot it above 13 or 15 max. Might be true... (snicker).

OSM

manike
03-17-2002, 02:54 PM
If it was me I would just laugh at them as they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

An RT at 26bps needs to be fed balls at a rate the equivalent of over 50bps... since this feed rate goes up exponentially with the rof the required rate for a gun at 75cps would be crazy, in the hundreds of balls per second.

In fact since the RT bolt cycles in 20ms you can see that if it cycled non-stop without waiting to feed paint you could 'only' get 50cps...

There is no way whatsoever the intimidator bolt cycles that fast let alone has shot paint at that rate.

The RT bolt is the fastest cycling that there is, the timmy bolt is significantly slower. I tried getting a similar style of gun (BM2K works the same way) to cycle as fast as possible and couldn't even get 20cps...

I've heard rumours of timmy's doing 18bps but I think they are just that.

manike

SoupRman
03-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
\it becomes physically impossible for him to shoot it above 13 or 15 max. Might be true... (snicker).

OSM

well, actually the trigger jobs that they put on their timmys i have heard from their site is .63 mm :eek:. and the reason for the SOB(semi only board) is because the NPPL is thinking about banning all boards that have an option to switch firing modes regardless if its "safe" or not. but regardless 75bps? i would like to see and hear that. it might be capable by a computer but never by a human unless you got a unbelievably fast vibrating trigger finger. also i would like to see the drop off of velocity.

Havoc_online
03-17-2002, 04:18 PM
it does shoot very fast and the trigger is very light, however all I have to do is try and I shoot the same or faster, his gun does'nt impress me, I just wanted some physical proof that he was lying or mistaken.

MikeCouves
03-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Hahaha. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Lol...

I highly doubt he is telling the truth, actually, he is lying.

Butterfingers
03-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Tell him that if he put a pentium chip on the board it would cycle 1 billion times per second. Just because the Board has no ROF cap dosent mean the gun dosent.

Havoc_online
03-17-2002, 06:09 PM
I've tried to use logic on them but since it's everyone against me it's hard to shut them up. they settled for maybe pulling bursts of 22-24 with a 18v-warp, and I was like, plz, plz, show me or give me some proof...

the123
03-17-2002, 08:18 PM
an 18volt warp huh?
Did you explain to them that the Warp will burn up with more than 12volts?
Even if you didn't, i'm glad you can come to a place like this to get the FACTS straight. I say, do like like manike said, "laugh at them".

paintball8869
03-17-2002, 08:33 PM
well let me shed a little light on the subject. The chip is able to fire 66.6 times per second (or 63.6 something like that). It's a fast chip. YOu'll notice the difference between a regular timmy board (select fire) and the SOB. The SOB is noticeably faster because it eliminates all the delays that the stock board has. THat's really all it does. Now, it's never been shot at 66 bps. Noone could do that, which we all know. Bob Long doesn't claim that. The field owner or store owner that said 75 bps is a little off and i'd also love to see him hit that :) I've got the SOB and i personally love it. Not to say that it's better than one or the other gun or guns' electronics, but it is definitely sweet.

with the recharge (lack thereof at "75 bps") and the feed rate, you're completely right. It can't feed or recharge that fast.

BTW, who is this field owner and what field? is it PBkingdom? Petty? County? Just wondering becaues i'd have to smack them upside the head if it was them.

*edit* just forgot to mention that the board is limited to 63-66 bps because of dwell times that are maxs and mins. *end edit*

Havoc_online
03-17-2002, 09:07 PM
lol it was PETTY, GET HIM!!, lol, he's a good cool guy, but I just knew he was wrong. he also barked at me a little the other night cause I asked him if he had a warp hose in about 18in. so I could play with it but he said they only sold it in chunks upto 13in, I told him that the airgun store site sold it by the foot and he firmed his voice a little "NO THEY DON'T I'VE CHECKED AND I'M A DEALER". I have to say that his son is powdercoating my body, rail, powerfeed plug, grip, and tourny lock for only 75 bucks so I say there cool.

Havoc_online
03-17-2002, 09:12 PM
o and about the 18v warp, I think joe petty can rig them for it, he does soder and tinker with them

BTW --paintball8869, do you know petty, how?

RobAGD
03-17-2002, 09:13 PM
OK guys here is the poop.

I know some of this stuff because I spent the weekend with Bobby as he was attending our mega sale. My shop managed to sell something like 11 or 12 timmys of which 5 or 7 were GZ Timmys and 2 of the Dragon Timmys.

The idea behind that 75bps is so that the gun will fire the second it sees a ball, you might actually get some silly rof between shot split times. Just because teh board is rated at 75 sps dont men the gun will actually cycle that fast.

Bob is just tring to get the eyes and the trigger bounce in his gun to shoot as close to FA while only being Semi :)

Kinda like the on edge trigger job on my Emag.

BTW - The GZ timmys are sweet I might have to add one to the collection.

-Robert

Havoc_online
03-18-2002, 02:46 AM
thanks for the input guys, can anyone tell me how fast it can recharge at? can it recharge fast enough to keep up with an RT? or would it max out in the teens somewhere?

Toxic Dave
03-18-2002, 11:25 AM
I don't know about the actual ROF on 'timmy's but I can attest to the fact that it's fast enough to make the streams of paint coming out of the guns look like ropes...just insanity. Playing against two pro teams every week using those things will give you a pretty good estimation as to what firepower is. they shoot nice too, not as nice as toxic impulses, but pretty nice.

dave/ ground zero silver

cphilip
03-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
...I have to say that his son is powdercoating my body, rail, powerfeed plug, grip, and tourny lock for only 75 bucks so I say there cool.

Sorry to tell you this..that is a $25 job from Redrider87.
So go after the liar! :D

Havoc_online
03-18-2002, 04:47 PM
25 BUCKS!!!!!s@#$%@%^^*&*%^*(&^*%^

what does he do the whole gun for 26 ??????

dang, lol

billmi
03-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
OK guys here is the poop.

Bob is just tring to get the eyes and the trigger bounce in his gun to shoot as close to FA while only being Semi :)

Kinda like the on edge trigger job on my Emag.

And in Los Angeles, Bobby had to tune the trigers on some of GZ's guns to be less sensitive, after the NPPL Commissioner tried out his gun.

"Runaway" triggers aren't allowed, which is why your E-Mag would need to be adjusted to be legal too.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Tufiremn
03-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Havoc, Remember, Joe has done some milling of one of the regs on those things, so there's no telling what the recharge rate is. I know by playing a few games with Team Neo, that they are fast enough to keep my butt tucked into a bunker, course the RT did a pretty good job of doing the same with them.

TylerDurden
03-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Theirs one of three possibilities here:

1.) They're just trying to mess with your head.

2.) Physics do not apply to his gun.

or
3.) He has one of the rare Intimidators that were stolen off the "Matrix" set. J/K.

cphilip
03-19-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
25 BUCKS!!!!!s@#$%@%^^*&*%^*(&^*%^

what does he do the whole gun for 26 ??????

dang, lol

Yes as a a mater of fact! Its like $30 with the shipping both ways almost!

covadsucks
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM
The SOB in the timmy is more than capable of 17bps. The bad thing is, all motorized hoppers cant keep up, so you still see a delay with the timmy as the ACE stops the marker from firing when the breech is empty. Easily remedied. Get a warp feed and Halo like Bob Long himself and go to town. I've shot the BL Ironmen's Timmy's for this season, they are faaaaaaaast. Don't forget the new 2K2 Timmy's also are being offered with the new 45 frame and a tighter trigger. 75 bps is just a bold lie. Light this guy up...