PDA

View Full Version : Z-Grip History Question..?

RATM
03-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Ok, it is easy to see the obsession with Z-grips around here and how Tom is being pressured into making a new run of em. But, my question is, why were they discontinued in the first place? Was demand too low? Weren't making enough money on em? I've never heard anything about why production of em stopped, and i'm a little curious. Also what year were they discontinued? Thanks.

Rynoboy06
03-17-2002, 03:56 PM
They made one small run and couldn't sell them. It took years to sell the last of them, and the demands just wasn't there until they were out of production. Until you try one, you just don't think it seems right, but then you do, and you need one... I can't see going back to a different grip, it just feels so wrong. They stopped making them a while ago, several years, I can't get more precise.

RATM
03-17-2002, 03:58 PM
Damn, thats a bummer they wouldn't sell.

virus
03-17-2002, 05:21 PM
not being able to get a zgrip for and emag of any flavor is the only thing stopin me from getting one.....

but Rynoboy06 is right.... and it is a love/hate thing with the Z's..... i tired one and fell in love with it and now have a hard time using my other markers cuz shouldering them now seems unnatural esp with my wrist but switch back to my Z and wa-la insant wall-o-paint on a moments notice with no strain....

time to break out my cad program and see if i can design a sear/selinoid that will work in a Z and then get someone to make it

MikeCouves
03-17-2002, 05:28 PM
Personal preference. Some people love em, some hate em.

RT_Luver
03-17-2002, 08:42 PM
its kinda annoying..I know this has nothing to do with the stopping production of the z..wel maybe it does.WELL NEWAYS....i had just gotten to take my z out to the field when i got it yesterday and some guy with a timmi said "Hey look...he has wanna those ugly grips" and i said " you mean the Z-grip" and he said" yea I guess thats what their called, I've heard um called ugly too" i was about to say, yea your girlfriend said u were ugly last night too. but I held it in mainly cuz he was 19 and i'm 14....

Rynoboy06
03-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Compared to a timmy frame, the zgrip is an asthetic work of art.

Predater
03-19-2002, 09:33 PM
i always thaught the z was ugly but now i am in the process of milling out of alluminum a similer grip frame. i am working on cad and with my michene shop at work. when its done ill try to get picks up.

OldSchoolMag
03-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Tell him elves live in pretty frames. When he asks what you're talking about, tell him that you're on to him, shake your fist menacingly, and walk away. Garaunteed respect for AT LEAST the rest of the day.

OSM