PDA

View Full Version : Will using a 12v REV hopper on a warp body cause ill effect

Tinsletown
03-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Hoping somebody can help...

I just recently purchased an AUTOMAG R/T PRO w/ a warp feedbody. The feeder tube is very short but just long enough to attach an elbow.

Does this kinda configuration cause problems for the designed intake?

Does this hinder the guns perfomance in anyway?

Take a look at the picture and let me now what you think. Any help is appreciated and if you can shed somelight no matter how bright...

PyRo
03-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Trial and error, go find out for yourself :)

Predater
03-17-2002, 09:44 PM
i would think it would get nocked off easier.

a_malfunction
03-17-2002, 11:42 PM
And the stack of balls you have is much shorter.... could cause chopping problems if you shoot too fast.

zads27
03-18-2002, 07:00 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=228180
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=228181

Well this was just to see how it would work, and theoretically a backup (although I do have a backup p/f mag..).

I have a Powerfeed Hopper Left E-mag body as well, but I have that on the backup p/f mag, but it's a hassle to change bodies (esp E-mag, cuz of sight rail)

If I really want to use my E-mag, but the elves steal my warp or blow it up or something, this is how I'd do it. Cut down elbow only for this body, blue bands are there just for my peace of mind and backup. It's pretty sturdy as shown in the pictures.

My results:
It's sturdy enough for play and such.
Due to the short ball stack, you cannot shoot a long string ( string > 4 balls ).
Hopper is almost like a centerfeed, low rise body.
Great in terms of balance, reminds me of the dark angel I traded for this E-mag.
Wouldn't use it as a primary setup, not as sturdy as regular hopper on regular p/f body (obviously)

cphilip
03-18-2002, 09:04 AM
So lets hear some field reports on these then. I am curious.

Tinsletown
03-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys... Nice to know I bought a gun that holds a reputation for great owners, minus PyRo of course.

I am going to shoot another 200 or so balls through this config before I come back to the forum with an outcome.:p

Manuel_FZR
04-07-2002, 05:08 PM
... I think, it would help, to intellifeed this "low" setup ... then, there canīt be a problem with longer strings.
What do you guys think?

Predater
04-07-2002, 05:32 PM
intellifeed works but with a long fast string i still out shoot the hopper.