PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro shoot_up

dtm410
03-17-2002, 04:51 PM
What's the story on the RT Pro "shoot-up?" I have been offered a good deal to buy a used one but still have a few questions. In reading about "shoot-up" it says you have to chrono your marker after a string of shots. How much does the fps change (spike up) in a "shoot-up?" How many shots does it take to significantly raise the fps? 3 shot string? 5 shots? 10 or more? I certainly would like to have my first shot at a reasonable speed for sniping or the like but do not want to have it spike up over 300 fps (I set my current marker at about 285 fps). I only play rec ball but my son would also like to use this marker as a back up for tournys. I would appreciate any info on this. (I ran a search but couldn't find this info)

OldSchoolMag
03-17-2002, 04:57 PM
My RT Pro is 3 months old. I run it completely stock, with the exception of a drop foward. I use nitrogen, not compressed air, and my shoot up is about 5fps. You shoot a quick string of 3 balls, and on the third shot, hold the trigger BACK. This will allow the valve to remain open, and it will heat up, to properly show what you will shoot after your valve shoots up. You then release and fire again, that shot (should be your fourth) being your chrono shot. Hope this helps. Personally, I would not use the RT for sniping. It just doesn't seem right to me to put a 'gun that makes me want to buy 3 cases of paint in a position where I'd be lucky to shoot a hopper. Oh well, it's just preference. Have fun!

OSM

Cypres0099
03-17-2002, 05:19 PM
I don't remember where I read it, maybe in the Emag manual, but I don't think you have to fire a string of 3 before you hold it down and do a quick shot. What I read was just shoot and hold it down and then do a quick shot. This is supposed to simulate a rapid fire peak velocity.

headcase
03-17-2002, 05:22 PM
all the info you need

http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.html

dtm410
03-17-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I should look for an adjustable tank to get the most out of the marker. If the shoot-up is only about 5 fps like OldSchoolMag said, I don't see this as a problem. As far as sniping goes, I play mainly in the desert with friends and play all sorts of different games. Sometimes I'm sniping and sometimes I'm a front player. Makes it more interesting that way.

Person
10-17-2002, 04:11 PM
I know this thread is old but i dont wana start my own, When your actually in game, after the gun is chronod, after not shooting for a while how low will your FPS be before X ammount of shots? and tell me what X =