PDA

View Full Version : Centerfeed Mag Bodies

damageinc54
03-17-2002, 07:51 PM
I am through trying to make this work. I am convinced that the Centerfeed Mag body is one of the worst things to happen to a Mag next to the Superbolt. I have tried everything I can to make this thing stop chopping and all of my efforts have failed. I have a centerfeed Emag and I cannot get it to stop breaking paint. I am convinced that the body is the problem. I have tried different paints, different bore sizes for my freak, barrels other than my freak, the stock barrel, my HALO, my rev, turned down the input pressure, different bolts, nothing fixes the problem. I have not even played a single game with the gun yet. I have not even been able to rapid fire yet. I have only shot the gun at a slow pace at the target range. I break an average of every 4-5 balls I try to shoot. I cannot even chrono the gun with out it breaking a ball. I take the same paint and shoot it through my Cocker and my RT with NO breaks at all. Put the same paint in my EMag and I have a $1200.00 blender. That is an expensive blender. Every time I break it is breaking the ball to bits right in the breech. I get paint shooting up the feed tube and all over the barrel. Very messey breaks. I am going to try a powerfeed body and see if my problem goes away.

BlackVCG
03-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Try a powerfeed and see what that does but also try dropping one ball in at a time and firing it. If there's a problem in slow fire, then there's some kind of alignment issue. It could very well be that your vertical feed body is out of alignment.

a_malfunction
03-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Or maybe your nubbins are broken and they are shredding paint.

damageinc54
03-18-2002, 01:13 AM
No, my nubbins are not broken :rolleyes:. I have shot a mag for 6 years. I am a little smarter than that.

Taking one shot at a time is all I have been able to do. The only rapid firing I have done is without paint. I watch the balls through the little hole on the back of the breech. They are fully in the breech before I fire. This is just too much breaking. I cannot use the gun this way.

kenshinkandon
03-18-2002, 06:10 AM
Try something else besides the HALO, I have heard some complaints about them not working well with Vert feeds I think there was large post about the halo on angels. I just sold my vert feed Minimag and I liked it alot the only time I broke were one of two problems the hopper couldn't keep up or shortstroking. I've never had a problem since switching to plastic nubbins.

Phil
03-18-2002, 10:15 AM
My buddy just bought a vert feed RT Pro and he has chopped 1 ball in two weeks of play. He is a new mag user so he may have short stroked it at that. It sounds like there is something physically or mechanically wrong with your gun. I think you should call tech support and explain the problem and send it back to them. Especially since you have 2 very nice backups to shoot in the meantime.

jimmyjobob
03-18-2002, 10:50 AM
i had the same thing. tried about everything except the warp. just didnt seem logical with my high rise feed. im willing to be the warp would help.

blowback is my enemy.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25404

PsychoMag
03-18-2002, 10:58 AM
i had the same problem. I had a hopper left, then swapped to a vertical to see what was so good about it, it was horrible. I went from breaking a ball a case, to 1/4 of the case. horrible experience with it.

I swapped back to powerfeed again, and it was like normal, breaking one or two per case. I have been playing for 12 years now, know the ins and outs of the entire AGD line, and my belief is the poor design of the vertical. I use the same freak kit with the same plastic nubbins which i fixed cuz they sucked when i got them, using the same paint since my team is sponsored by PMI. The vertical body is just no good.

KamikazePenguin
03-18-2002, 11:21 AM
I got my e-mag from the conversion deal, and I got a polished centerfeed. I've said it many times, and for this I love AGD, 7 cases and 1 break. Keep my board limited to 11BPS and my gun just keeps rippin. No blowback either, keep up the good work AGD!

Dayspring
03-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
No, my nubbins are not broken :rolleyes:. I have shot a mag for 6 years. I am a little smarter than that.

There was no reason to snap back at Malfunction for that. He was offering a suggestion on how to help. I think that was down right rude.

Chupas2
03-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Bring it to the CPSA next weekend and I'll look at it and see if I can find a problem.

Scooter/Cootie
03-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Damage, just to make sure that I understand whats happening, let me get a few details from ya. Let me know if these assumptions are correct.

1. Your shooting an SFL
2. You have a HALO on the Vert
3. You are not using a warp or the 90 deg adaptor on the Vert

Let me know. Once we have a few more details, we can start to look at whats causing your gun to chop. Sorry to hear that your having problems.

Scooter/Cootie
03-18-2002, 11:46 AM
Or you can do what Chup's suggested and bring it to the first CPSA. :D

Funny when your on at the same time.

damageinc54
03-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
Damage, just to make sure that I understand whats happening, let me get a few details from ya. Let me know if these assumptions are correct.

1. Your shooting an SFL
2. You have a HALO on the Vert
3. You are not using a warp or the 90 deg adaptor on the vert.

1. I am using a stock Emag with a verticle feed body. Not an SFL.
2. I have tried my HALO, my rev, and dropping one ball at a time into the breech. It breaks 1 out of 5 balls right in the breech.
3. I am not using a warp.

I will have the gun with me on Sunday. I will be using my cocker.

Scooter/Cootie
03-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Ok, thanks for the reply. Cya on Sunday.