PDA

View Full Version : Never before seen problem with Mini-Mag

paintballmagnet
03-17-2002, 11:58 PM
A new problem has started occuring with my used to be 100% reliable Mini. It will occasionally stop shooting for no apparent reason. No air leaks, I pull the trigger and it returns as though there were a spring return on it. Marker will not fire. Upon breakdown nothing seems out of place or worn. After reassembly it will work just fine for a period of time. (never know how long) All o-rings and bolt spring have been replaced, different power tube spacers make no difference, proper cleaning and lubing practices are being followed. Can someone PLEASE help me?!

a_malfunction
03-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Are you on CO2 or N2?

paintballmagnet
03-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Thanks for your reply! I have tried both Co2 and Compressed air with no results from either! I thought that after shooting 'Mags for several years that I had seen it all???? This problem baffles me!

MAGS own YOU
03-18-2002, 05:35 AM
Check your sear assembly.

BlackVCG
03-18-2002, 10:10 AM
Your PT spacer is too short. Install a new spacer one size longer than the one in the valve right now.

skipdogg
03-18-2002, 10:13 AM
ive also had this happen if my field strip screw is loose. The alignment of the on/off pin & the trigger sear don't match. Could be that your screw works it's way loose also.

soilent green
03-18-2002, 12:08 PM
the only thing is bolt stick that I can think of like black said if you already have tried a longer pt spacer the only other thing could be the power tube tip being broken but you should know that thgat is what it was like with my trigger when I had my classic pt tip break the bolt got stuck forward and I thought I had bolt stick

paintballmagnet
03-19-2002, 04:03 AM
I appreciate all the replies about my Mini problems. Several of us have owned 'Mags for many years and have considered ourselves fairly good at keeping them running. I guess this is not one of those times. Looks as though AGD will get this one back, soon! (First time ever!) Again, Thanks for all your input!

DPB
03-19-2002, 11:03 AM
I had a similar problem with my Retro MiniMag and running compressed air. It was as if I was getting tremendous shootdown, as in the ball not even leaving the barrel, but the next ball would feed and so on. The gun would shoot fine but every once in awhile this would occur. I adjusted the trigger rod to match specs of 1/16" before and after shooting. I have not incurred further problems.