PDA

View Full Version : Paintball in West Michigan

drboo
03-18-2002, 01:15 PM
During the school year, I ball with the paintball club at Michigan Technilogical University (oldest college club in the nation!)

http://www.sos.mtu.edu/paintball

BUT....when I'm home for the summer, which is the optimal time to play (money, time, and weather), I don't really have a team or know of a great place to play speed or hyperball (pref. on air fields). Chicago is only 3 hrs, so I'll be there a few times over the summer (mainly to talk smack to skirts), but not worth the drive for weekend ball.

Does anyone play around the Grand Rapids area in Michigan? The lakeshore and Lansing are not out of the question either, but I'd rather not drive to Pickney on the weekend to go to hell (do they even have air fields?). Please, help a brother out!

-=b0o=-

wyn1370
03-18-2002, 01:18 PM
I hear there's a few fields around lansing and one in kzoo. But I can't attest to this since I stick around futureball, lonewolf (lapeer) and hells.
PS i love the celebs sectoin on the site.

krafty
03-18-2002, 01:57 PM
drboo...

I live in Holland, so it's a bit of a drive for me, but I really recommend Woodland Paintball in Belding and Colors in Fremont. Their respective webpages are:

www.woodlandpaintball.com

www.colorspaintball.com

I personally will be trying to make it to Woodland every other week or so. Booyah here on this board also plays there, and it's usually a great group of people out playing. Fees are cheap there and you can bring your own paint. (Not sure what their field paint will be this year, but it's pretty cheap too...) Woodland does have a hyperball field too, even though it's not pictured on the website. It's not an air field, but I believe they were looking into one. The field is more of a lego field, some large standups, some tubes, and it's best for 5v5 or smaller.

Hope to see ya there! If you see someone shooting the gun in my sig, that's me. Say hi!

K&P Customs
03-18-2002, 04:28 PM
I play at Hell mostly... I will be at the Monster Game this year. I will have a table at the trade tent again this year. Maybe I will see some of the mag owners there...

spyderkiller
03-18-2002, 07:14 PM
I'm in Kalamazoo. I play at Excalibur in Battle Creek, which is the best field I've seen around here. Hole in the Wall just outside Bangor is pretty good too. Excalibur is hosting some World Paintball Federation events this year so that should be pretty sweet. Rifleman also plays at Excalibur. www.bcsplat.com

I'll probably also be at the Monster Game in Pinckney along with a couple of guys from around here. Hope to see ya all on the field.

Fred
03-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey, Ken Posts here too!

Thanks for fixing my cocker again!

Anyhoo.... I played one time at Chaos in Battle Creek.. they had two speedball fields, 1 indoor, 1 outdoor. I had a less than fun time, since their team was practicing, also known as walk-on bashing. If you like spraying tons and tons of paint gopher it. I won't be going back there.

I play at Hells most, then Footerball outdoor. i havn't been to their indoor place yet.

I'm gonna try to be at the Monster game this year, and at the Big game June 22, since I get in free for that one. The Dollack game should be good too!

ah137
03-18-2002, 10:33 PM
I live in Grand Rapids, but have not balled there; I usually ball in Traverse City. That is when I not balling for MICT. Hills

mongrel
03-19-2002, 09:29 AM
do any of you go to Michigan paintball outlet in Lapeer?
i go there alot.
usually about 30 people show up on sundays to play.