PDA

View Full Version : To Visor or not to Visor?

Hacker240
03-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Do you guys wear a visor on your mask or not? I am trying to decide. I love my red IZE with the visor, but it does cause the occasional hit. I want to lose the visore, but it won't look as cool. Will it hurt to get hit in the forehead no visor?:confused:

Rrok
03-18-2002, 03:18 PM
I have the exact same mask as you. As long as you have a bandana (in my case an american flag bandana)running across your forehead it will be ok. I got hit there twice the day I went visor-less and none of the balls broke (I had one small bruise, but hey a little bump never hurt anyone). Not only does removing the visor help you get in closer to the bunkers ( I snap shoot with my face darn close to the side of the bunker) but I personally think it looks cooler as well. You also have your mask fog up less (If it does to begin with) as removing the visor provides more flow through the mask.

Just my two cents.

Rrok

Temo Vryce
03-18-2002, 03:19 PM
DO you play indoor more than outdoor? If you play more indoor than loose the visor. If you play more outdoor than I would keep it. All in all it's up to you.

iisp0tii
03-18-2002, 03:24 PM
visors are good when its sunny out. if its a little cloudy i take mine off. but if you take it off, you get shot in the head & not in the mask. it hurts a little more, but do what ever helps out the weather conditions.

DJSOLID
03-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Yah - you'll really miss the visor under sunlight - it cuts down on glare tremendously.

mattimaru
03-18-2002, 03:47 PM
outdoor demands a visor for me cuz its those important shots you need to make that end up facing into the sun.
if you play indoor then there is no need for a visor.

personman
03-18-2002, 04:03 PM
I ALWAYS wear visors, and hats due to past experiances. Back when I first played paintball, I got shot in the head 2 times, and I had a REALLY bad headache. In fact, I think it was a Team mate. Right behind me... Guys, always wear hats, please.

J
03-18-2002, 09:20 PM
I use a visor, for me its deflected some shots + keeps the sun out of my eyes

AGDmagman2001
03-18-2002, 09:27 PM
for headwear I got a head jt sockhat for cold, and a dye headband for warm weather. I generally don't wear a visor, because most of the time you can get a bounce off the head, where with the viser usually not, a little more chance for pain, but hey no pain, no gain right! I only play outdoors too, and only wear the visor when it's either raining, or late in the day as the sun is starting to come down, depending on which way the end of the field your playing on is facing sometimes the sun is directly in my eyes.

CleenSweep
03-18-2002, 09:29 PM
My visor has bounced a few balls in its day but it has probably broken the same amount. Do what is the most comfortable. Always protect your noggin though.

DarkRipper
03-18-2002, 09:40 PM
I've always used visors... no particular reason. I guess I use it to protect my fan setup.

:)
DR

Jordan-APL
03-18-2002, 10:21 PM
Does anyone have the problem of there visor getting a goofy bend in it that you cant get out?Its nnot a big deal,it just is one of my pet pieves to whine about.lol:D

lala
03-18-2002, 10:21 PM
No visor you can get your head closer in a tight bunker

HyperSnyper
03-19-2002, 04:55 AM
Al depends if you wanna make the sacrafice. You can either have the visor as extra protection against bunkering or longball head shots, or you can completely remove it to gain the chance of a bounce.

I have been wearing my visor for a long time, it really doesnt help block out sun light that much, get a tinted lens for this instead. I have made the decision to remove it and just wear a big loose sock type beenie on my head. Nice and thick for protection and to increse chances of bouncing. The number one place I get eliminated is the lens, then the visor. If I could elminate one of the 2, that may double my chances of survival.

-Hyper

DarkRipper
03-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jordan-APL
Does anyone have the problem of there visor getting a goofy bend in it that you cant get out?Its nnot a big deal,it just is one of my pet pieves to whine about.lol:D

I use a semi-rigid goggle case from Unique sporting... I think Ronin sells them too.

It's got a nice set of pockets on the outside for goggle spray, extra straps, extra lenses, etc. There's also room inside for your hat/bandanna.

I haven't had a crush problem since I got it; it cost me 20 bucks at World Cup 2k.

:)
DR

iisp0tii
03-19-2002, 09:42 AM
i boiled the edges of my visor to make it look like horns. i saw it in a issue of apg for a scenario game painted like a skull w/ the goggle skin. it looked great.

ShooterJM
03-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by personman
I ALWAYS wear visors, and hats due to past experiances. Back when I first played paintball, I got shot in the head 2 times, and I had a REALLY bad headache. In fact, I think it was a Team mate. Right behind me... Guys, always wear hats, please.

yeah when I first played I saw a buddy get a chunk of hair ripped out from a close range bunkering shot. I always wear a bandana and a visor. Also, FYI. It's a good idea to either take piercings out or tape em down. I've seen earings shot out at least 3 times and I saw a girl almost get her belly button ring torn off. Trust me, after that I ALWAYS tape my piercings down.

Panzerr
03-19-2002, 12:07 PM
I always wear a visor. It helps with glare and to some extent splatter. I've also had bouncers off my visor before.

Cliffio
03-19-2002, 12:27 PM
i wore my visor back in the day, but now i just find that its a usless piece of plastic, i never wore it on my old flex that i had, instead i used a tinted lense, however! indoor games and night games with lights demand a visor, because it cuts the glare,

my new dye invision will also be used without the visor, i also plan on getting tined lenses for that as well, plus i think the dark blue tint makes you look like a bad @$$:)
haha

later
Cliff

FeelTheRT
03-19-2002, 01:44 PM
i HATE visors.

1. They limit your vertical preferal(sp) vision
2. Depending on what gun you have an how you hold it, it might get in the way. I shoot a Cocker and i tend to hold it a little above the eye level so the back block always ends up hitting the visor and then my shots are off.

Scooter/Cootie
03-19-2002, 03:29 PM
I don't wear the visor to my mask. I've got a JT Flex 7 and I found that I get more bounces without it.

To avoid any serious pain, :D I wear a ski hat that add's a layer of protection and induces more bounces itself.

I attached a pic below so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. :)

Cliffio
03-19-2002, 03:32 PM
i dont think ive ever had a head hit since i bought my jt sock hat, its the best thing ive ever had, ive had soo many bounces it sint funny

MikeCouves
03-19-2002, 03:33 PM
I think when you wear no visor and no hat it looks kinda weird. I get a nasty glare when I don't wear my visor so it's a must! Visors make it look cool, get rid of the glare, and sometimes the balls bounce right off there.

iisp0tii
03-19-2002, 03:34 PM
i wouldnt wear a visor if i was in your positions either, but if you live in florida like i do, you need a visor for the sun, or you need a tinted lense. you dont want anything on your head because then you get to hot, & your mask starts to fog from the sweat(even the dual pane lenses). but i do take off my visor when its cloudy out.

Cliffio
03-19-2002, 03:35 PM
visors also do not let your goggles vent as well as without it, i mean think about it, where the visor goes is really the only vent, and im sure not many people have has problems with venting with a visor on but its something to think about if your having that problem

GallagherAtWar
03-19-2002, 06:37 PM
I'd say visors all the way the protect the forhead they shade light and they look better

buy the visor its worth it