PDA

View Full Version : soooooo much breakage

matrx3
03-18-2002, 03:22 PM
im breakin a crudload of balls in my stock powerfeed mag w/a jandj ceramic barell shotting mainly big ball and sevre. i just ordered plastic nubbins and a parabolic feed plug. do i need a foamy bolt? new barrel? i have broken 3 or four balls in a row multiple times. someone please help.

p.s. im almost positive im not chopping im chopping

anthraxxx
03-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Wheres the paint?

-in the feed tube before the breech=power feed plug (and you're getting the parabolic so that is good)
-in the breech with paint on the nose of the bolt=chopping balls not feeding fast enough or you're short stroking
-in the barrel of the gun=nubbins cutting your balls or barrel too small for the paint you are using or paint too brittle for the speed you are set at or double feeding balls and you're getting collisions between balls down your barrel.

matrx3
03-18-2002, 04:27 PM
im not sure i think its in the breach. the paint has a small gap between the barrel and it so its not too big. but it just shot out like a mist of paint and shell.

p.s. i forgot to say that i was plaing in fairly cold weather and it was raining part of the day

Butterfingers
03-18-2002, 04:50 PM
I think I know exactly what the problem is.

I was having problems with breakage in my standard mag with the plastic nubbins. After 2000 or so dry shots the problem went away. The nubbins need to be broken in or "fit to your barrel" You can also try fileing down the tension nub on the other side of the nubbin.

Also did you check your paint to barrel match. If the paintball is too big for the barrel you will have breaks. If you cant blow it through with your breath its too big. Its like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole :)

matrx3
03-18-2002, 05:01 PM
i dont have the nubins or new powerfeed plug yet. also my tank is only a 48ci 3000psi so i have to wait till next time i go to finish wearing it in. can you post a pic of the tesion nub... im not sure of what it is. and the paint isnt too big for the barrel

a_malfunction
03-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Are you short-stroking? And, if you can, get the extended foamie bolt from AGD. Works great!

Butterfingers
03-18-2002, 08:12 PM
i dont have a pic but the tension nub is the protrusion on the plastic nubbin opposite of the one that goes into the barrel. It keeps tension on the nubbin. Its pretty self explainatory once you get those plastic nubbins.

matrx3
03-18-2002, 09:14 PM
does the foamy bolt decrease breakage a lot?

Butterfingers
03-18-2002, 09:34 PM
IMHO yes. I swear by the AGD longnose foamie. 10 cases goin strong 4 breaks NO chops :)

Rynoboy06
03-18-2002, 09:35 PM
You do have a motorized hopper, right? If not - get one immediately.

matrx3
03-19-2002, 04:42 PM
hell yea..... but only i nine volt

a_malfunction
03-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Do you chop when you shoot slowly? If not, then you might be out-shooting your 9v.... you should look into a new hopper.

matrx3
03-19-2002, 05:05 PM
i got the new nubins and powerfeed plug today. so i put them in, oiled the gun a littel, and put on a new elbow for the hell of it. i just decided to fill it up w/ one pods worth (140 rounds)and i went out in the feild behind my house to shoot not one ball broke, mabey it was a fluke nut i normally break 2-3 balls per hopper, so it seems to be better. i keep in touch since i might go this weekend.

p.s. ty for all of your help