PDA

View Full Version : is this triple regging?

mattimaru
03-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Im sure this is triple regging but it should be fine i think.
Ok heres the setup: From my PMI nitro tank (output 850psi), to a THOR(adjustable id set to 700), then to my RT Pro.

I know its triple regging but i need to bring down that 850psi from my tank and the THOR is the best adjustable inline that I can afford.

Army
03-18-2002, 03:46 PM
You didn't specify, so I am presuming the tank is a set output. I am also presuming you want to better control the trigger reactivness.

In that case; No, it is not triple reg'd, but double. Nothing wrong with that set up.

Report back here how that THOR reg works, I'm curious at least.:cool:

mattimaru
03-18-2002, 03:51 PM
well i will for sure report back how the THOR is.
yes I want to control the trigger more, yes the tank is preset (850psi).
gonna wait a bit longer on the THOR, people keep responding please

ALSO. will i experience any major signs of shootdown?

a_malfunction
03-18-2002, 06:04 PM
It should be fine at 700, more consistent if anything. I personally like mine at the 850 from my preset, but whatever floats your boat! :)

Predater
03-18-2002, 08:34 PM
why would you want less reactivness? i have mine at 900. its great. i just have to be carefull to not out shoot my revy;)

Rynoboy06
03-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Get a stabilizer instead, it's not THAT much more, and is much cooler, and probably smaller, lighter, more consistent and with better flow. It's by Palmer, for crying out loud.

mattimaru
03-19-2002, 06:09 PM
the stabilizer can not go on the bottom of my RT, thats the reason I wanted the THOR.

PyRo
03-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Technically it is triple reging. You still have one on the tank, one inline, and one in the valve. In this case it is acceptable though. Three regs will work, as long as they are set up correctly (all within a certain range of input pressures). It won't help consistancy though, and that is why it is generally advised against. It won't help consistancy, and many people set it up wrong and get shootdown problems.
Its all good for you though.

MikeCouves
03-19-2002, 08:58 PM
What does triple regging do though? I have heard mixed things, like crazy shootdown and someone said shootup?

mykroft
03-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Triple regging restricts the airflow, which can cause problems. However as the Thor is designed to work this way, I'd say go for it. BTW, anybody who's got a Max-Flow on their RT is Triple-regging it, as the Max-Flow is Double-reg'd internally.

mattimaru
03-20-2002, 03:15 PM
In the February 2002 APG there is an amazing article on all sorts of regulators, i believe they have a short paragraph on atleast every regulator available in there. They also tell how to properly set up regulators as well. If you have that magazine or know a friend with it I would suggest you read this.

As long as i set up my THOR properly I should have any difficulties and shootdown wont be a problem.

2000Sabre
03-20-2002, 09:23 PM
I ran my RT Pro with a PMI preset tank and the THOR regulator. I never had any problems with shootdown and consistency. If I recall, the THOR is manufactured to have a high flow rate so you shouldn't expect any problems. It's a good setup and you'll like being able to adjust the reactiveness of the trigger.

311automag
03-21-2002, 07:06 AM
what do you guys think about. my crossfire preset, to an aka sidewinder set to about 700, to my minimag valve. would there be any advantages to this? i already have the reg, its off of my spyder.