PDA

View Full Version : Can u upgrade a mag into an emag?

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
03-18-2002, 04:23 PM
I heard about somthing like this, i dunno if its true or not,but this might change my wanting of a cocker. I think its called retrofitting or sumthin like that...plz enlighten me!

Paintballer86
03-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Nope. It is called E-mag Conversion. For $650.00 USD they will take your Mag as a trade in and give you back an e-mag and the valve you had in your gun. For RT's and RT Pro's the cost is $550.00 USD.

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
03-18-2002, 04:58 PM
you have made me change my mind about getting a cocker....automag all the way!! Well the reason i wanna do this is to buy a mag first...u know see if i like it...then when i feel as though i wanna invest in sumthing like this i can do it cheaply instead of buying a emag seperately...thanks!!
Where can i get info on this?
-the MAD midget-

hawpunch
03-18-2002, 05:19 PM
hi and welcome to the forums. this program was going on since a little before christmas i think...they use to have the thread on sticky, but have since unstickied it. you might want to call agd to verify that they are still doing the program. i kind of had the feeling tha it might be for a limited time only. for the price of the conversion, you can get a used emag on the forums or on ebay. add a little more and a guy named don florencio can get you a brand new emag (look for him in the dealer's forum). they also have the extreme emags coming out. i would go to your local paintball field and see if there's someone who will let you shoot their mag. but be forewarned; the trigger pull on the emag is different than a standard mag. on electric mode, its a lot shorter and it has a nice feel to it. i started off with a minimag, which i turned into a retro mag, and then i went to an emag. i think i would have saved myself the money and went straight to an emag. oh, and they have extreme emags coming out with an antichop eye. good luck deciding and if any of us on the board can help, we'll try!

aloha,

jae park

LaW
03-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Well you might want to keep the mag your getting and then buy a used emag. Slightly used emags go for the price of a conversion.

magman007
03-18-2002, 05:25 PM
hey, my advice is to go to afield and figure out exactally what you want. Try out a cocker, a mag, an angel, and an e-mag if theres one there. Also try out a bushmaster, then decide what you really want. personally im a cocker guy, it just offers more for me that an mag or an e-mag.

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
03-18-2002, 06:08 PM
i am not mechanically inclined in any sort, and i really dont like the cocker that much, the angel ahhhh i hate the word like i hate **** my first game i was shot five times in the *** by another newb who was on my team right after the break, i also tested them out, i really dont like em that much, they seem like skinny *** prostitutes, fun but not worth the money. The emag, omg is the **** sweetest pb marker ever espicially the hybrid mode, oh and the fact that if the battery dies u just take out the battery and put on manual-i would sell my soul for that gun, or my body.(mods i didnt mean to offend in any way srry if u must change sum things)

lol

i just heard about it, i am getting an automag soon for my bday since i got a 3.85 gpa, then with my own money i will be adding a blue ehop, blue warp, dunno about grip and trigger i wanna z grip but since those are out of stck and they wont come out for a while i dunno any suggestions?, also i will purchase a pmi pure energy 47 ci/48 ci.
Over the summer i plan on working at my local library where i will easily earn approx 1,200 over the summer, then subtract the taxes blah blah blah who knows, but i want an emag i just dont have the money right now, thats why i would buy the mag then after i earn the money...i would just upgrade it or if they discontinued it...buy one. And if i get an emag i wanna know how to treat i prop since i am still a "junior"/newb.

LaW
03-18-2002, 06:14 PM
hey please edit your posts and take out the profanity. You will get edited by the mods and warned.

It seems like you financially shouldn't buy an emag. Once you get the emag you won't ahve the money to play with it. Seems pointless to me then. THere's nothign wrong with the regular mag...