PDA

View Full Version : Is an automag rt pro a good and reliable gun for a tourny player

Cameron21
03-18-2002, 05:03 PM
thanks for everyones help

a_malfunction
03-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Well, to put it in simple terms, yes.

mercury
03-18-2002, 07:37 PM
I recently bought a used RT (not too much different) and have had absolutely no problems with it that weren't user error. I have put many cases through it and it has been totally reliable. I changed the o-rings on it just for the heck of it but it was working perfectly before that. As far as chopping paint, as many people will say, I have barely chopped any balls since I learned that I was using a foamie bolt without a foamie. I even went through a case of brass eagle paint without breaking a single one. I would recommend it to anybody. The RT Pro is supposed to be slightly improved too, including having the intelliframe.

DaosBeoulve
03-18-2002, 10:28 PM
I've got an RT Pro, and I have to say, I'm completely impressed with the gun. This past Sat, I played against a team with a cocker and an angel(an older one, but still), and after the day was over, people kept coming up and asking me how I was able to fire so fast with it. Granted, the paint I was using was absolute crap and I busted one out of 7-10 balls, but hopefully the superbolt I should have by Wed. will even solve that problem for me. After I put my superbolt in and get the chance to really play with it, I'll know better how I can handle crappy paint like I had this past weekend. (just for an example of how crappy it was, when I was loading my hopper over the top of a table, I dropped a ball just from the top of my hopper to the table, and the ball broke...) With decent paint, the only time I break is when I short-stroke it, and that's very rare for me now that I've learned the trigger. Anyways, good luck with the gun:D

peter
03-18-2002, 11:13 PM
RT is the way to go. I didn't see anything that a player using an Angel or Autococker was doing that I can't do with an RT.
Also, don't listen to people that compalin about RT's chopping paint. The only times that I have broken balls are:
1. on the crown of the stock barrel
2. swollen balls from playing in the rain
3. brittle shells from playing in the cold
None of these are gun shortfalls...