PDA

View Full Version : hyperframe and mags

mxpxpunk1220
03-18-2002, 07:06 PM
well guys and girlies it has been a while but i am finally back. i was wondering how a centerflag hyperframe performs on mags? i want one but i have heard a lot of thinsg about them pertaining to bugs and such. so if you have one, tell me how well it works. and how well does it work with an RT valve?

billmi
03-18-2002, 07:35 PM
The good and the bad...

When properly tuned, it works great - nice and compact, and ads the high ROF of an electronic 'mag.

The bad - it has very tight tolerances, and if not everything fits just right, it can damage your bolt and sear.

If going that route, I'd recommend letting Centerflag instal it for you to avoid any problems.

Yes, it will work with an ReTro Valve.

For a full review, see:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/etriggers/cflagmag/index.shtml

The other alternative is of course an E-Mag conversion, which is more robust and forgiving in terms of anything getting out of alignment, and still works if your batteries or the electronics should fail.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

HyperSnyper
03-19-2002, 05:05 AM
Listen to Billy,

He knows alot as a WarPig technician.

He was the one who influenced me alot on the reliability of the Hyperframes. If you let Centerflags install it for you, it will pretty much be set for the rest of your Mags life. Just dont change out ANY of the parts Centerflags inclcluded and you will be set.

I have put more than 2 cases of paint through my Hyper'ed Micromag, no probs. Add another 2000 dry firing to that and thats the current life of my Mag.

Ask also Dubstar on the forums here, he too has a Hyperframed Mag, and has nothing but good things about it. He has put over 9000 rounds through his gun so far, with only one break (looking good dubby).

I used to think that I had the coolest Mag in the world. An ALL aluminum Mag with Hyperframe and Palmer Bottomline. Then Tom HAD to come out with aluminum Xtreme Mags and SFL's. There goes my 5 minutes of glory.

-Hyper

mxpxpunk1220
03-19-2002, 07:15 PM
thanx guys!!!! oh and one more thing. does anyone know where i can geta hyperframe without spending like 400 bux.

Dubstar112
03-19-2002, 08:13 PM
400? there was one in the classifieds for around 200, they go for about 250 new, so you should stay clear from that 400 dollar "thing"

SoupRman
03-19-2002, 08:21 PM
it is amazing. went from a regular z-gripped mag to a hypermag and my speed went from 4-6bps from 7-9. put many cases through it and it worked fine, i guess this one is the good ones. if your looking for a higher ROF at a low cost get the hyperframe. the pull is around 1mm and its snappy.

thecavemankevin
03-19-2002, 09:15 PM
I have had mine for a little over a year, and absolutly love it.
The only problem i have had with mine, is the saftey pin fell out. But i just sent it back to them to fix it.
Me i just bolted mine on and started playing. Haven't had any bolt problems. You will be very pleased if you buy one.