PDA

View Full Version : WARP vs HALO

HyperSnyper
03-19-2002, 07:47 AM
Hey Guys,

I wanna try a new loader, Im leaning more towards the Warp since I can fire in any position, even upside down. It can feed 20bps. Only thing Im worried about is the added weight. Does it make the gun feel a bit more clunkier? Will the Warp and hoses get in the way of holding the gun? Change the balance of the gun.

I know the HALO is the hype right now, but there has been alot of complaints about it since its release date. From small things like tight lids to major problems like chopping. I know the HALO is suppose to be more heavy than most loaders, but I dont think itll be more heavy than the entire Warpsetup.

I know both these loaders supply a reload rate faster than my Hyperframe can dish out, but I want to know what the general consensus is.

Is the HALO all its set out to be? Is it reliable? Is the Warp still in the game? Is it heavy?

I also wonder, why dont I see alot of pros using warps? I have seen a bunch of HALOS out there, but Warps seem to be a rare case.

Let me know all.

-Hyper

(Damn Im suppose to be studying for my tests, not on these damn forums!!!)

alf
03-19-2002, 08:01 AM
hey hyper,

i have a halo/warp...i was chopping pretty bad with my revvy, even put a turbo rev board in it, but chopped badly...when i got the halo, the chopping problems ended...got my warp back from AGD, and now, it my emag is the sweetest shooting gun...no breaks, no chops, just one ball out the end for every time i pull the trigger...lol

my lid is tight, no biggie opening or closing it...its not as easy as the revvys, granted, but the difficulty in opening it is offset by its reliability

i heard that halos dont do well with black shell paint...i havent tried this, and i dont plan to...therefore i dont have any complaints about it

also heard about some problems with angels/halos...once i get my angel, i will let you know about it

-alf

beam
03-19-2002, 08:03 AM
Hyper--

I tried a warp last year. I had chopping problems with it. Not because it was defective, but because I didn't have it set up properly. It is a more complex system than the halo, hence it requires more attention. I didn't want to spend the time to "tune" it by making sure my nubbin was adjusted correctly, the 90 degree adapter had the balls lined up correctly, the pf plugs were adjusted correctly, the disc spin time adjusted correctly, new batteries in it, etc. This is just my personal preference. I am not a serious enough player to want to give that much attention to the system, I'd rather just bolt on my 12v and go.

One thing I did love about it was the low profile and being able to tilt while shooting. Those benefits just didn't outweigh the cons for me.

Hope this helps.

PS...I am in the process of acquiring a halo. I have a set up similar to you...pf mag with hyper frame. I'll let you know how I like it.

G-Rexx
03-19-2002, 08:14 AM
Hyper,
I have a warp w/ revy on my E-mag, and since i hooked it up, no problems. The lower profile out weighs any other negatives. I once took out 6 guys in a speed ball game and two of those were hopper hits. The other folks couldn't readily locate where I was.

This is money well spent!!! The hose does not get in the way, and the Warp only weighs a few ounces.

If a friend has one, try it out. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

Good luck w/ your choice!!!

G-REXX--->>>

hitech
03-19-2002, 09:10 AM
I have found the warp to be BETTER balanced (other than maybe a center feed). The warp sits on your left forearm and isn't in the way. Setup does take a few minutes, but isn't hard. NO MORE HOPPER STICKING OUT TO HIT. THAT is the real benefit. And it does add weight, but then so did switching to HPA from CO2. IMO (I'm never humble) the warp is a larger benefit. Can you tell I'm a big warp fan? :D