PDA

View Full Version : couple of RT questions

tb-303
03-19-2002, 09:03 AM
OK i have a Z-gripped RT which i love which i run off a pure energy fixed output air system(fixed 850psi) has been running sweet but reciently have run into a problem and i wonder if you could shed some light on the matter.

OK my problem is double firing. when i pull the trigger it fires on the pull and again on the return(sometimes inbetween) i put 3 pellets in the feed and pulled the trigger once and all 3 flew out. so any ideas what this could be. i've looked at the seer and bolt and both look ok to me.any ideas? HELP!!!!

the other thing was just a enquiry on what input pressures you guys(and gals) run your RTs at? like i said i run at 850psi and up until now havent had any problems. some say thats too high and others don't see it as a problem.so what is an ideal pressure?

cheers in advance for you help.

tb-303

a_malfunction
03-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Is it firing more than once or is more than one ball coming out with a single shot?

Predater
03-19-2002, 09:19 PM
i have my input at 900. i love it. just have to learn not to shoot to fast or youl out shoot a revy easy. great for fire fights.:D

if you have a older rt with a banjo bolt i have noticed somthing. i use one of these. i only tighten the bolt hand tight. if it is aligned a certain way it shoots practicly full auto. fun to play with in betwene games but on field its like a blender. i guess the wholes in the bolt and body rail are alligned beter or somthing when its doing this.

if anyone has noticed this enlighten me. a frind of mine uses a rt pro at 900 and doesnt have this happen. and i can get it to quit just by turning the banjo bolt?

peter
03-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I had some problems with double firing.
One trigger pull - two balls come out.
I called tech support at AGD, but they told me that they'd ahve to check it out because it might have been something that tehy had to replace. So, I sent it in to AGD. They replaced valves and o-rings, and this and that.
Then it worked fine, no problems.

Also, 850psi shouldn't be too high for a RT.

Peter

Scooter/Cootie
03-20-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by tb-303
the other thing was just a enquiry on what input pressures you guys(and gals) run your RTs at?

I run my RT at around 600psi. I found that if I went to 800, the trigger was too easy to 'bounce' and I chopped a lot of paint. At 600, the trigger is less reactive but still pushes the trigger forward fast enough for it not to matter.

kenshinkandon
03-20-2002, 11:22 AM
OK my problem is double firing. when i pull the trigger it fires on the pull and again on the return(sometimes inbetween) i put 3 pellets in the feed and pulled the trigger once and all 3 flew out. so any ideas what this could be. i've looked at the seer and bolt and both look ok to me.any ideas? HELP!!!!

have you checked the nubbins on the barrel what kind are you using the P, V, plastic style nubbins. or do you have any on your barrel?

the input pressure into your RT is up you and how reactive you want the trigger to be, if 850 works and your happy stay with that.

jbgoneover
03-20-2002, 11:53 AM
it's no the nubbins because they don't make the bolt fire twice in one trigger pull, When I get any funny stuff from my RT, I rebuild it...get the kit from AGD and see if your gun is still under warranty while you have them on the phone...If it is send it off to them and let the creators re-create and you can bet your *** it will be tip top for only the price of mailing it....call ahead to the office for a clearance # if you do send it.

other than that it sounds like a valve stick or possibly a trigger problem....find other Z-grip owners and chat it up...one more thing...if you are shooting at high pressure, you might be "sweet spotting" it...back the psi down 50 at a time to see if it changes....

Jbgoneover

tb-303
03-21-2002, 04:52 AM
Cheers guys. Thankx for you advice.
I basically spent a few hours with John Sosta at AGD yesterday and got it all sorted.The problem was all down to an o-ring! the one at the base of the on/off pin. it's now firing sweet.
another problem wich i hadn't noticed before was a leak at the back of the marker, where the field strip screw goes in. with the z-grip the back of the grip frame(where the field screw goes through) is thinner than that of a regular grip frame. so when the field strip screw goes in it doesn't align properly.solved with PTFE tape and a washer.

once again cheers for your help.

tb-303