PDA

View Full Version : setting up hardline on the mag

askman
03-19-2002, 02:47 PM
I've been doing some research into fittings to make my own hardline, and possibly providing some to others. I've found Stainless Steel compression fittings and tubes, but price is high.($30+ per set.) I also found brass fittings, and it is much mcuh cheaper(under 10bucks per set). Ideally, plated brass would be best, but have not found the fittings yet(I've found 1/8", but is this big enough? and not too cheap) . I will be using 1/4" tubings, as this follows the existing setups.

My question is, Should I go with quick release on regulator valve? also, should I hardline the bottom line from the vertical regulator(I have palmer on it) to the bottom of the grip? Anyway, once I get it done, I will put up a photo here..

Autotrigger
03-19-2002, 03:28 PM
The thread on the air fittings is 1/8 pipe. You don't need 1/4 inch feed tubing! If possible get 3/16 inside diameter tubing, this will be fine. The hard part about what you are trying to do is that the required amount of fittings makes it look like an erector set when you are finished. And on top of that it is not as easy to drop the valve out. The Toxic Toys set up was a great design. It had a check valve in it that allowed you to take the valve out without degassing the gun. If you can get the same fittings as AGD uses on the original RT's, but with a shorter tube it wouldn't look bad. Good luck

than205
03-19-2002, 04:25 PM
heres is the link for that set-up
http://www.venom.paintball.de/flash/Parts_mag.htm

Autotrigger
03-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Sorry dude, but that link don't work!

Havoc_online
03-19-2002, 07:09 PM
if you get your materials from a paintball source you should be good to go, however, don't hook up any materials that your not sure can handle high pressures. My friend almost killed himself a couple of years ago when he when to a store and bought pieces to build a set-up he thought would be a good fill station saving him 70 dollars but what he didnt think of was that the hoses and fittings could'nt handle over 200psi or so. just be cafeful dude.

askman
03-19-2002, 07:24 PM
I am an engineer by trade, so have access to industrial stuff. The 1/4" OD SS tubing is rated for 3000psi. 35mil thick tubing is strong. I've found 1/8" tubing with some fittings, but they are much harder to get. Stainless steel compression fittings are simialiarly rated. the problem is the quick release for the valve. I can use typical quick connect that we use with braided hose, but it does not look as neat(this is easy solution). I've been researching the options. It is 1/8" npt thread on one side with 1/4" compression fitting for tubes. 1/4" is macroline size, while 1/8" is microline size. oh the options...

Havoc_online
03-19-2002, 08:56 PM
cool, sounds like a plan, just didnt want to see a fellow paintballer get hurt

Predater
03-19-2002, 09:35 PM
cool! i didnt know that venom was still in buisness. is there someware in the us that i can buy there products thow? PM me if you know a site that sells in the US. and what do people think of that bolt?

Mr. Grumble
03-20-2002, 02:20 AM
I think that Venom closed shop some time ago. The web page is a relic, if you follow the link to the 'home page' you can see the last update was 12-12-1997. If you're lucky you might find an old, dusty Venom part in an out of the way paintball store normally frequented by cocker users.
That's how I found my HighLine Deluxe.
-Mr. Grumble

Mr. Grumble
03-20-2002, 03:47 AM
pic of the HighLine

askman
03-20-2002, 01:25 PM
as my research progresses, I am finding some interesting facts. Macro and microlines(teflon ptfe tubing) are rated for continuous working pressure of only about 300 psi. The tube itself will fail at 2500+ psi, so it is safe from bursting, but it will start to deform above 300psi. Another reason not to use them, and it explains why they need to be replaced often. steel Braided hose are rated 1500psi continous or above, so they are well above we need.

I am thinking that I will use 3/16" Stainless tubing, with quick disconnect on one side. It will make this bulkier than the venom setup, but everything is readily available. I've order Stainless quick connect from 888paintball, and will be ordering the rest from one of my suppliers at work. Regular quick connect will work, but I like SS on my mag. My guess, is that venom stuff is metric, probably 5-6mm. That quick-connect is interesting, since I have had trouble finding small ones. Only ones that I've found is what we use in paintball. small stuff is not easy to find. I may start to look overseas makers. I have tubing bender, so I just have to wait for the stuff to arrive...

Puddleglum
03-20-2002, 01:29 PM
With a hardline wouldn't it be really hard to take the valve out?

askman
03-20-2002, 02:47 PM
That is why I am using the quick connect on the valve side.

I will put up a picture once it is done, and if it looks good. If I did not need to disconnect it regularly, it would much simpler without needing to disconnect.

RKL
03-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Planet Paintball here in the UK is still stocking Deluxes. I am purchasing one through them.They do have US distributors so maybe?

www.planeteclipse.com (I think)

than205
03-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Autotrigger,
Funny it still works for me.
Must be a Mass thing.;)

askman
03-21-2002, 11:20 AM
I've ordered 5. if you want one, see the post under buy/sell. I am making list of those who wants one. It will be $45 shipped to your door. thanks.