PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if this is true or not?

RoadDawg
03-19-2002, 03:26 PM
I was on Kingman's Forums and I spotted this and wanted to know if any of this was true. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45541
It is about Crossfire tanks being the best tanks or something like that.

Scooter/Cootie
03-19-2002, 03:36 PM
I don't know if they actually did any test's at the NPPL tourny's. Chups, did you see this in LA?

Chupas2
03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Didn't see anything like that at LA, but then again I was behind a booth. Plus if you put it on an angel it will shoot down anyway. So I think it's a load of crap. Just someone trying to say this product is better then another.:D

Gup44
03-19-2002, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see Tom comment on this. Just how does the Flatline stack up compared to these other tanks?

Webmaster
03-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Flatines dont run well in lower pressures. I think the range is like 600-1000 psi for the best performance. If they were pumping 450 psi out of the flatline i could see it doind bad. but I run 800psi into a 16bps emag and it runs fine with now shoot down.

I think if you want to run the flattline at a lower pressure - say 300-500 or so - you need a different spring pack - hopefuly Rob can see this and help me out.

nutz
03-19-2002, 05:27 PM
but webby i dont think any tank gets shoot down on an emag at 16bps... im pretty sure im correct seeing that at high rof the fps goes up on the retro valve, so u would need to judge ur 68/4500 flatline on something else to really test shoot down...btw what are the input pressures set at for angels?

Dubstar112
03-19-2002, 06:05 PM
i was told that if you use a normal mag spring pack you can get pressures of around 200 to 500ish, I got that answer from rob in chat eons ago :)

Army
03-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Phooey, it's all hocus-pocus.

Army

Ummm...Not to throw some logic into your little test,but...

You say the test consisted of visually watching the needle bounce up and down? Where and how much it moved is the conclusion?

Well, seeing as different ways of registering the pressure (making the needle move) are used universally, and different tensions on springs and pressure plates should be obvious to any engineer, this "test" is invalid.

Hook up a computer that reads exactly how much pressure is used for the shot, how fast it re-charges, and establishes a flow rate. This will find much better conclusions that can be held up as fact.

Seems to me, that Crossfire is in the magic business and has fooled all of you.

Automags Online

Got this reply:
jomama22

no, accualy if u have read the whole thing, they even switched the air systems from gun to gun and kept the gaude to the gun and when they would switch a angel air for example for a crossfire, they crissfire wouldn't make the needle move nearly as much as the wdp

So, I followed with this:

Army

I have read all 4 pages. The only conclusion the test found, was Crossfires new gauge needle doesn't move as far as any other.

It does not measure actual flow or recharge rate.

If all you do is look at needles bouncing, liquid damped or not, and conclude this as proof to spend your money, I have a bridge for sale that was only driven onto on Sunday....

Automags Online

Some companies rely on voodoo to sell their stuff, rather than build it right the first time. It's all about marketing.....

RoadDawg
03-20-2002, 12:49 PM
If you also notice the guy is also sponsored by Crossfire. I just wanted some re assurance. Thanks everybody.

RoadDawg
03-20-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm totally lost on this subject now. They have done things that I can't understand. If anyone could shed just a little more light on this and help me figure this out I'd really appreciate it.

Nick