PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Skinz Question?

wilddog
03-19-2002, 05:29 PM
DOes anybody own goggle skinz if so could you tell me about them how good they are want they are made of?

SuperOrangeTicTac
03-19-2002, 06:06 PM
i have owned a pair and i will tell you, you will like them at first, but then grow to miss your clear or tinted lense. They are made out of plastic, they are like one big sticker with small holes punched in it so you can focus through them.> I wouldnt reccomend them

kickass68mag
03-19-2002, 06:21 PM
i haven't got to play with mine but they seem clear to me

alf
03-19-2002, 09:55 PM
SOTT is right...kinda cool looking, and a big wow factor, but once everyone else gets em...they kinda suck...

tinted/clear lenses are better/easier to see out of

Cha0tic
03-20-2002, 05:33 AM
well, i have tried to get AO goggle skinz in the past. i had the design, and just needed them to make them. however, they never return phone calls and e-mails so i stopped trying them.

mrhooie
03-20-2002, 09:42 AM
I sell Goggle Skinz here in Canada and have a few good things to say about them and a few bad things

Good
-intimidation, walk on the field and the newb's go 'whoa'
-make yourself different from the pack

Bad
They are different to clean than regular lens
If it's dusk, they are much darker than clear lens

All in all, I'd say try them. Follow application instructions and take them for what they are - a great way to say who you are and what you stand for.

I use a Canadian Flag Skinz and still run a secondary mask for overcast days
In a world where everyone want to be an original - this helps.

wilddog
03-20-2002, 12:48 PM
so its just a sticker and once you put them on you can't take them off?

tysonmachado
03-20-2002, 02:30 PM
You can buy something for the spectra goggle systems called 'tear offs' which are reusable films which go over your lens. The idea is that you can just peel it off between games and 'voila!' clean lenses. They reccomend you wear up to two at a time. If you stick your skinz to these you can remove them or change them easily. If you wear a second tear off over the skinz you can save some time cleaning the skinz. Of course, this only really works if you are using spectra goggles such as the proshield or the proteus.

mrhooie
03-20-2002, 04:30 PM
they are much like a car decal.

It's vinyl.

so, yes -very much like a sticker

and yes, you can take them off

Clippy
03-20-2002, 04:45 PM
i realy liked mine.. they where all evil and i realy got attention.. but after so many games they kinda start to "wear down".. eventualy pices started breaking and peeling off..

they where realy cool.. but if you play alot of night/dusk games have an extra lense or extra pair of goggles readly at hand because you get less light through your lense..

go for it! its only what, 10 bucks.. dont like it, peel it off..

wilddog
03-21-2002, 08:39 PM
well what do you guys think about a gogglew skinz alternative i am working on a design that will be see through easy to apply and re-apply and will save scrach damage on your lenses