PDA

View Full Version : PB Fields near Cal Poly, UCD, and UCSB?

Maxd Out
03-19-2002, 05:39 PM
I know there are a few fields down in the Sacto region- PB Sams etc. but I would like any info on fields near Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and UC Santa Barbera. Thanks.

Army
03-19-2002, 06:31 PM
We don't have any established fields around here. Big Boys Toys closed the only one a year ago. The Cal Poly SLO team plays in a secret location (private property).

In Santa Barbara, they still play behind the Vons on Hollister Blvd. Good woods/bunker ball forest. Team Check Yourself from SB plays on private property.

The closest fields are in Bakersfield to the east, and Urban Quest in Oxnard is 2.5 hours south of SLO, but less than an hour from UCSB. Woodstalk in Monterey is rec/woods ball only, and just out of easy driving range from SLO.

I am negotiating with the youth Pastor of a local church, to build Sup'air or Concept fields when they build their new Church. They have 63 acres, but the building and parking area will only need about 6. He is all for it, and it can be run by my bud who owns a hobby store (this keeps the church a non-profit)

Right now we play in the riverbed with pallet and log bunkers. We have to re-build it every time it rains though!

BTW, I live in SLO:cool:

IROCU
03-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey I live in SB, I play usually at the place behind Von's like Army mentioned above. If I actually want to go to an actual field it's probably Urban Quest. Team Check Yourself plays on the Pan Am circuit and are now practicing at the Urban Quest indoor field also located in Oxnard. it's some old indoor skate park. Pretty small, really bad lighting and the customer service sucks, I'd rather go to the outdoor myself. Maxd Out if you ever cruise to Oxnard to play at Urban let me know and I'll meet you there so you'll have someone you know to play with. Later

PS - Army, where's this riverbed you play at? Do a lot of people show up?

Kevmag
03-19-2002, 07:10 PM
in Santa Margarita???

Maxd Out - are you basing your college decision on PB fields? Even if there are no fields in SLO, I suggest you still go. Great place to go to school - close to beach, small town/good bars, close to Bay Area and LA.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

hitech
03-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Army
BTW, I live in SLO:cool:

Hey Army, I didn't know you lived in SLO. The County Recorder and Assessor are customers of ours. Small world. :cool:

Maxd Out
03-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Ya, all three are great schools so right now I'm lookin for the other stuff im into.... paintball duh, and trying to make a decision from there. Anybody here graduate from or go to any of those colleges? If you have, Id like to hear the dl from an insider. Thanks for the info guys.

Army
03-19-2002, 10:55 PM
Cal Poly SLO has one of the premier Engineering schools, also has one of the best Agriculture programs in the country. UCSB has the best biology dept in the UC system...not to mention world class Beach Volleyball teams!

Be aware though, it ain't cheap to live here or in SB.

It's $700+ per month just for a studio apartment in SLO. One and two bed places can go for over $1200pm. Freshmen can live in the dorms for the first year only. This is the same for SB, the closer you are to the colleges, the more expensive it gets.

Hello again hitech, it was good to meet you at LA. Yeah, were a small town with big city attitude, my step-sister is the City Clerk, and my oldest brother runs the county copy room!

Kevmag, Central Coast Paintball was owned and operated by Matt, the guy who owns BBT. He got tired of running it and quit.

Kevmag
03-19-2002, 11:28 PM
Cal Poly SLO. In addition to Ag and Engineering, probably one of the best architechure schools in the country is at SLO.

I graduated '94 w/ a business degree. I had a blast. SLO is such a perfect location with great weather. Lots of things to do outside of school.

I think we (I had 3 roommates) paid $1000/mo for a 2BR 1BA place in a small complex (on Johnson Ave near the RR tracks). Close to school, close enough to walk home from the bars.

UCSB will be more expensive (in terms of living expenses). Great location as well. IV was a bunch of fun esp. during Halloween. Good bars. Great looking girls.

Never spent much time at UCD, although I had friends there...

Of course, I was a business major so I'm focusing more on the social aspects of the schools... If you're going engineering you won't have much time for any of the above activities. Sorry for the rambling email. Thoughts of college brings back good memories... Good luck.