PDA

View Full Version : OT: help with half life paintball

Cha0tic
06-18-2001, 02:11 PM
i downloaded it and installed it. there now is an icon on my desktop that says HL paintball. when i click on it, a box comes up saying that C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe is not a valid Win32 application. whats wrong?

rictus
06-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Try going another route. Start HL normally. Go to multiplayer, then internet games. Then to filter, set so that only HL paintball game shows up. Then update. See if that works. If not try re-installing the paintball exe. If all else fails go to the forums at Planet HalfLife here:http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/
Usually someone in here can help.

OXidE
06-18-2001, 05:56 PM
ok do you have half-life is it in your half-life folder? if you have half life try going to the half-life icon or game. Once in there you go to custom games then you should see paint ball click on it and activate it. from there you go to Multiplayer and internet games, make sure you filter it right to get all the servers.

[FRAG]-=Classic=-|Mag

strongboy2005
02-17-2002, 03:53 AM
ok, well it didn't automatically put itself into the half-life folder so should i move it there?

Snooky
02-17-2002, 04:10 AM
strong put the paintball folder in ur c-strike folder and the run it from inside c-strike. goto custom games and activate the mod. to get the icon on the desktop and put this in the target window. C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\cstrike.exe -game paintball -console -numericpings -condebug

then the icon will work. otherwise just run from c-strike

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2002, 06:36 AM
i think he has halflife not cstrike but whatever

try reinstalling it for the best rusults

install it to c:\sierra\half-life

it makes its own diretory called hlpb or paintball i dont remeber

make sure you set your controls in a good way too

and its weird to reload you need to hold the reload button for balls to go in

GallagherAtWar
02-17-2002, 07:00 AM
do you have half life?? you have to buy half-life

Jonneh
02-17-2002, 07:25 AM
any Half-Life mod or TC will run under Counter-Strike retail, even single player ones. Its basically Halflife without the single player maps and a different executable file.

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2002, 07:35 AM
i know but i think he has halflife not cs because i think he would have said cs instead of halflife

FeelTheRT
02-17-2002, 08:34 AM
1. You have to make sure the directory corret.

2. What do you have? Half-Life or CS or some other HL mod?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-17-2002, 09:06 AM
I got the same error - I have the retail CS - and THERE is NO hl.exe file! Awww poo - does this mean I can't play it?

Hexis
02-17-2002, 09:19 AM
When you install point it at your Retail Counter-Strike install dir. You may need to update the short cuts by hand to show the cs(whatever).exe instead of hl.exe. Do that and you should be fine. These mods are written with Half-Life in mind, tho they will fully work on Retail Counter-Strike. You may just have to account for sloppy programming.

FeelTheRT
02-17-2002, 10:17 AM
ya do exacly what Hexis said.

make sure the directory is correct, then change the source of the shortcut file. change it so that it's 'cstrike(or whatever the exe name is).exe' instead of 'hl.exe'.

Snooky
02-17-2002, 02:29 PM
coffey - to get the icon on the desktop and put this in the target window. C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\cstrike.exe -game paintball -console -numericpings -condebug

strongboy2005
02-17-2002, 04:34 PM
go to http://www.geocities.com/paintballhead/ and go to the half-life paintball link, it gives you step-by-step instructions and a troubleshooting guide. it has everything you need to get it running.

MidgetFista
02-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic
i downloaded it and installed it. there now is an icon on my desktop that says HL paintball. when i click on it, a box comes up saying that C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe is not a valid Win32 application. whats wrong?

If you are using windows 2000 OR NT, it won't run. It just don't like it for some reason.

/shrug

Neil

strongboy2005
02-17-2002, 05:15 PM
it doesn't work on win98 either, just go to http://www.geocities.com/paintballhead/ it tells you how to do everything

GallagherAtWar
02-18-2002, 08:25 AM
when i installed it its defealt install place was c:/seirra/half-life/half-life/
get rid of the second half life it will automake a folder in the hl dir called paintball

so just have c:/seirra/half-life/ as where your installing it

also cheack out

www.paintball-mod.net
thats the offical forum for this mod

Chris