PDA

View Full Version : Haha! Paintball Nitrogen Tanks in Battle Bots!

Cypres0099
03-19-2002, 07:37 PM
In one of my classes at school they are letting a group of us attempt to build a Battle Bot, with the school budget.:D

Anyway, I was looking at the battle bots site and I came across a section on HPA primers. I was like hey maybe we can use that since I use it in paintball.

I was reading about it and it just so happens that one of their robots called "Deadblow" uses 2 nitro tanks for it's hammer. Actual paintball tanks with the regs.

They go on to say that if you are interested in it that you should pick up some paintball magazines and read up on HPA and also go to your local paintball store to learn about/buy HPA stuff.

This page came as a suprise to me.:)

HPA for Battel Bots (http://www.battlebots.com/bnc_tips_gimahara_01.asp)

xmetal2001
03-19-2002, 07:46 PM
What if one of those big hammer guys breaks through their armor and punctures the tank....KABBOOOM! that wouldn't be pretty even though they are in the fiberglass fighting area.

Cypres0099
03-19-2002, 07:50 PM
I thought I remembered reading some tests on tanks that they shot them, with a gun, and they didn't blow up they just slowly leaked till they were empty.

I'm not sure but I think so. That and I don't think I'd want to ruin my tank by sending it into an arena to be beat up by a robot.:)

Minimag4me
03-19-2002, 07:57 PM
yea i once saw a co2 tank blow up on that show, its no big deal. The robots colided and you see a 4 second co2 cloud. Puff. The hpa tanks i think have a limit of 2000-2500psi and the ones i have seen are fiber wrapped, so if one explodes the fiber should prevent shrapnel and the Lexan should protect the audience.

zvanut
03-19-2002, 08:00 PM
i believe the walls are lexan or something of the sort.

FooTemps
03-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Doesn't the battle bot Toro use n2 also?