PDA

View Full Version : I think I just make a stupid decision!!!

ylun
03-20-2002, 12:53 PM
I think I just make a stupid decision, I decided to upgrade my automag 68. I don't mean that the automag 68 is not a good gun, infact I like it a lot. The money I spend on upgrade I can almost get a new gun.

Here is the the things I did:

1. retro valve = $200
2. Inteillframe = $140
3. Super bolt = $55
4. 68ci Flatline = $200

What I didn't realize is that I can get an Emag or Angel for $899 or just get a RT pro for around $600. I think I should had just get the RT pro, I am wondering how many people do upgrades like me? or I am the only one!!! :mad:

mykroft
03-20-2002, 01:08 PM
Well, you've now got an RT PRo for $340, instead of $600. The Superbolt and Air system are upgrades even for an E-Mag.

cphilip
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
I agree with the exception of the RT Pro site rail and RT Pro fore grip you got there anyway. Are they worth the extra? You decide.

Puddleglum
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Don't worry lots of people do what you have done. If you have a powerfeed you have a very competative marker. I would try to find a warp feed and a nice 12volt or Ricochet. As for all the money you spent you can sell most of the parts you upgraded and make around $120.00 for it. I would be pretty happy with the gun you got I promise you will like it. Of course you may be able to trade for an Impy or a Cocker.

Blennidae
03-20-2002, 01:13 PM
I got some better deals on some of the same parts, but I have spent a lot recently upgrading. So much that I have enough spare parts to build a 2nd Mag. Then I got lucky. So my expensive upgraded mag instantly became a backup. I'm still going to finish it up so it'll be how I planned it to be.

FatMan
03-20-2002, 01:28 PM
Personally I like the clean lines of a 68 Mag PF with a ReTro Valve better than the RT or EMag. I built mine from the ground up out of parts, so I didn't end up with an extra grip frame or valve.

Still, the upgrades are less expensive and work just as well. Otherwise its kindof personal preference.

FatMan

tysonmachado
03-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Plus you can sell your stock valve and grip frame to make some of your money back.

Shaft
03-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Don't sweat it. I started with a 68 Powerfeed Automag. Upgraded the frame to an I frame, then switched to a retro valve and a polished warp body. Realizing what I've done - I then bought an extra frame rail. Reassembled the Powerfeed Automag and swapped it for an Autococker, all while having a custom RT.

The ReTro setup is a favorite RT setup for a couple of the techs at AGD. They preferred the setup to an RT for being slightly lighter.

Is good!

G-Rexx
03-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Shaft, I've done the same thing, and now I have two mags and an E-mag. Its part of the addiction!!!

alf
03-20-2002, 10:14 PM
shaft/g-rexx,

me too! 1 emag, 1 retro/zgrip/warp mag, 1 mini-mag, and one PF mag i just sold to KAI...phew...time to get rid of some of them...

gibby
03-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Look below...I built my primary marker part by part. I too could have bought an E-Mag or an Angel with the amount of money I spent. Granted, I didn't spend it all at once and did it in a few months but I have no regrets. It was just a lot of fun building it and I'm proud with what I have. :)

You should be too!

ylun
03-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all yours replys, I feel much better now.....I fianlly got all the parts today, will start working on it this weekend......can't wait to try this new sucker....!!!

thanks all

:D