PDA

View Full Version : shootdown...

anthraxxx
03-20-2002, 01:29 PM
I searched on shootdown and read quite a bit from previous posts. I have got it pretty bad. First shot fine subsequent shots significant drop off in velocity. Its sort of funny, when I was firing at a target about 40 feet in front of me the paint would leave a vertical line on the bunker I was firing on. I suspect the problem is the reg seat cause in the past after I replace it there doesn't seem to be a problem. The problem is I seem to have to replace it after each outing or about 500 shots put through the gun. Seats have to last longer than that! Is there some going wrong with my marker that is causing the seat to go bad prematurely? Maybe a faulty reg pin? Visually they look alright. I don't unscrew the two halves after each game. One thing I need to mention is that I am restricted to buying 32 Degrees parts kits as it is hard to find AGD parts kits in Toronto, where I am from.

I run a classic mag on a preset n2 tank and have stock parts through out the valve.

BlackVCG
03-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Well the fact that you have to replace the reg. seats so often is attributed to the fact that you're using 32 Degrees Mag Parts kits. You should be able to order the kits directly from AGD.

Other things you can check are the the flow from the tank, make sure the piston is clean and that the trigger rod is not touching the back of the trigger rod. If your on/off top isn't symetrical, flip it over. There's a laser etched diagram on the valve showing how to assemble the on/off parts.

anthraxxx
03-21-2002, 08:30 AM
Thanks Black.

I will buy AGD parts kits from now on.

My top is symetrical, just got a new one from AGD since the one I got in the used mag I purchased had an aftermarket one. The new top did not seem to affect he shoot down issue but I have very little air left in my tank so I can't confirm 100% until I play next. My trigger rod seems to be fine. I don't have a micrometer but ther edoes seem to be 1/26 of an inch between the trigger back and rod tip when the marker is gassed and there is a bit of play between the trigger and the frame after the bolt is released. dispite the space is there still a chance that the rod is not at optimal length and can still produce shootdown? I think if a rod is too long it will prevent the on/off pin from extending from the on/off assy enought thereby creating shoot down right? But with the space that I described being there it doesn't sound like there is an issue with trigger rod length.

I will also look at my tank, though that is brand new.

Thanks for your input.