PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back OtterSC, from the Kingman site, for me will you please...

cphilip
03-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Hey guys...some of you may remember OtterSC from the old days? If you haven't seen him in a while he has been busy being the Head Moderator over at the Kingman site. He is helping me out with the Spyder Project as he is like the king of Spyders and I thought it might be nice if we could get him over here as often as we can. He used to come here a long time back and loved his Mini Mag but had to part with it. Lets all welcome him and try to get him to come around more often and help out our spyder owners here at AO.

Remember we are trying to broaden our minds and be an "All Marker" site. So on that note I will warn everyone to be nice and you will get no warning if you want to talk trash.

Welcome back OtterSC! Come on!!! make him post up here! :D

OtterSC
03-20-2002, 02:11 PM
i am speechless! actually, no, i'm not. thanks for the words. but just sharing my experience that i have gained over the years.

thanks. :)

meanwhile, the rest of you are wondering who this goof is??

wyn1370
03-20-2002, 02:12 PM
it's always good to have more knowledgeable around. Welcome back OtterSC. Hope to see you around.

cphilip
03-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Oh no your not Otter you been typing stuff to me all day long! You realy earned that 15 bucks did you not? ;)

This is gonna be great! keep it up guys!

Paintballer86
03-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Welcome!
I am from PA too! If you dont live to far tway, maybe you could meet up at the next PA ao meet to play some paintball. PM me andtell me where you live, and welcome!

MikeCouves
03-20-2002, 03:12 PM
I used to have a Shutter and it worked great. But I just wanted a mag! Welcome to AO, your Spyder and other markers knowledge is very welcome here!

Cha0tic
03-20-2002, 03:20 PM
i was a member of the first spyder-club. i remember otter as the moderator. then it went down and the new one is up, but i have a mag now...good times.

oh well, welcome otter.

Muzikman
03-20-2002, 03:23 PM
So where in PA are you from?

Snooky
03-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Welcome. As always a guy who knows about any kind of gun is welcome.

RoadDawg
03-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Welcome back to AO Otter. See ya on the Kingman Forum as well. :)

shartley
03-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Welcome Back....

mykroft
03-20-2002, 08:22 PM
Welcome back OtterSC

Any Chance you know if someone makes a Vert ASA pre-drilled for a Gauge. I Need one for my Closed-bolt Spyder Project.

I'm planning on turning my TL into a Closed-Bolt Blowback (1/2 Cocker on the Cheapo)

FooTemps
03-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Huh? Who's OtterSC? Sorry, I've only been here since september so I wouldn't know...

OH well, Welcome back!

ProjectMag
03-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Welcome back Cotter! err...I mean Otter. :D

Jordan-APL
03-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Hey,I remember you from spyder club forums.Is suprBugman still posting there?

AGD
03-21-2002, 01:47 AM
Welcome back Otter!!

all of us at,

AGD

ThePatriot
03-21-2002, 02:29 AM
Welcome back, and spyders do rule.

My spyder compact 2k, got me through a lot, only chopped once, ever, and that was when i was messin around with it in the backyard. All my friends claim every spyder they have ever seen has broken, i do not believe such rubberish. I use a mag now but still have my trusty spyder.

OtterSC
03-21-2002, 06:38 AM
vf-xx: yeah, i figured i would splurge and get a pay site. since then, i quadrupled my email with questions. updating the paint and barrel is hard. but it is something that i decided to take on for the paintball industry.

Paintballer86 & Muzikman: i live in Lancaster County in a little town called Lititz. not much around here. closes i have to go is Dillsburgh (1hr. away) to get my nitro filled. paintballs are not that much of an issue. 45min is Foxhole in Harrisburg. have not played much recently. last game was last May at the Spyder Cup in Pittsburgh. am planning on EMR in April for the Castle Quest.

MikeCouves: thanks. i have been in the paintball scene since 1985. gotta love the PGP's. wish there was more stock class games around. :(

Cha0tic: yep. i remember you. the Club has had it's ups and downs. still around, but not as strong as it used to be.

mykroft: i know a guy that does some great custom work. he has done a lot for me with fabricating items for markers that come into my shop. but if it is a TL+, you could do it yourself. on my site i have instructions on how to do this... gauge mounting (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/gaugemnt.html). i highly suggest an aftermarket VA like the Bob Long or the 32degree. it is possible with the stock VA. but it will be tight.

FooTemps: don't worry, i do not recognize most of these guys either. last time i was on was just before AGD took over this forum.

Jordan-APL: yep. BuGdUdE is still there, posting away.

ThePatriot: yeah, there is always ones saying that Spyders are always in pieces. or some other marker. i always say the reason these are in pieces is because of the player not having the proper knowledge.

and to the rest of you that i did not mention directly. thank you for the welcome back. i am practically speechless with all the replies here.

AGD: i especially thank you for the welcome back. i like the Mag's a lot. had a MiniMag at one time. great marker. but always had trouble with bolt stick. even with the power tube pack. but all that you have put out into the industry is high quality. very happy with the AGD warp feed that i mounted on my Spyder (yes, got it to fit).

i am also envious that you visit the forum along with your techs. brings out what AGD is really all about.

so, between moderating the Kingman board, working on what is in the shop, and answering emails and designing my own stuff, will try and set aside some time to visit here more often.

agdjon
03-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Cphilip,

Have you gone mad???? We really are letting other people use this site??? Ok that's it, I quit. The mad tech is going elsewhere!!!

Just Kidding :-)

WELCOME ABOARD OTTERSC

DJSOLID
03-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Wow - it sounds like you are super knowlegable, OtterSC. That's a great addition to any forum IMHO. I'll be watching for your posts and learning.

mykroft
03-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks OtterSC. The VA's actually a Pirahna Ram-Air LP Chanber upgrade (Fits the Spyder fine). I'll check out your site.

G-Rexx
03-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Back in the saddle again!!! Welcome!!!

Aranarth
03-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Oh no! Now I have to listen to you on two forums! Lol. Better watch out. With all the spiffy stuff agd is comming out with, you may find yourself wanting to build a project mag after your 2-in-1 project. Think you are up to a low pressure mag? You make everything else low pressure, and get it working. :D
See ya on kingman.
-AranarthX

cphilip
03-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Can you not feel the love? http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/luvdup.gif

cphilip
03-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Unsticked and let her ride! Thanks guys nice job.

a person
03-21-2002, 03:35 PM
GO PIRANHA!!!:D Oh sorry wrong occasion. Welcome back!

HyperSnyper
03-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Just wondering, where did the name Otter Come from?

I use to always wonder that when I was in the Spyder-Club site.

Im glad you can become a part of this forum, lotsa knowlege this guy can supply.

-Hyper

OtterSC
03-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by HyperSnyper
Just wondering, where did the name Otter Come from?

just a nick name i picked up while in the Gulf.

the funny thing is, i work for an international company that makes hydroelectric turbines. kinda fitting.

cphilip
03-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Tell em a little about your "save the Otter" mission.

Army
03-21-2002, 11:53 PM
Hello again Otter! I remember you from the "old" days.

BTW, ChaosClown is now just Chaos, and has cleaned up his act considerably. He is still quite opinionated, but now has some real knowledge behind his comments! (that's a good thing Chaos!)

Glad to have you back AND with the real deal on Spyders. Way too many "I heards" are said about them. Dave:cool:

OtterSC
03-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Army: will do my best to help out in the "wonderful" Kingman issues. :p