PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe and front grips - From AGD

Eric_AGD
03-20-2002, 02:49 PM
I have heard that there is a front grip that will not fit on the gun with the Intelliframe installed. Unfortunately I do not know which one it is. Who has a front grip that they can not use with the I-frame? If you do have one, what is the diameter of the grip (preferably measured with a calipers)? Do you screw it into an Airgun bottle adaptor?
If you do not have a way to measure the grip, and you have a camera, place the grip in front of the I-Frame so that it is up against the rail. I should be able to tell from the picture where the interference is.

Thanks for the help.
Eric

krafty
03-20-2002, 02:56 PM
I have a benchmark foregrip on my gun with the intelliframe. It didn't quite fit. I ended up taking a dremel and carving a notch in one of the finger grooves to get it to fit properly.

cphilip
03-20-2002, 02:58 PM
I had a Dye gas through and a gadget and they both fit fine.

MikeCouves
03-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Hmm something tells me my PMI Gas Thru won't work.

mykroft
03-20-2002, 04:23 PM
The Benchmark foregrip will not fit without modification. Specs should be available from PTP. ( I don't have mine handy)

My X-Chamber also will not fit when paired with an AGD Vert ASA. Diameter is ~2"

Snooky
03-20-2002, 04:54 PM
ok because of the way the i-frame's trigger guard goes straight down i highly doubt it will fit on any ACI expac chamber with the stock verticall asa. The aci expac's grooves stick out to far and it will not fit. I dont own a i-frame yet but when i do im gonna have to spend another 50 buxs just to get it to fit. im thinking of getting a kapp foregrip and extender. I like the expac but if the i-frame dont fit i gotta move on. besides i run only n2 on my gun now and the expac dont do much to help that.

Cypres0099
03-20-2002, 07:55 PM
I got a 15* asa just incase my gas through didn't fit. That and it helps me hold my gun w/ warp more stable without getting an extender.

GallagherAtWar
03-20-2002, 08:32 PM
will the benchmark folding fore grip fit on the z-grip??

I <3 MAGS
03-20-2002, 09:01 PM
I have a Micromag with a benchmark gasthrough foregrip. I can tell just from looking that the Intelliframe wont work with it. I want to buy one, but this problem is preventing me from doing so. :(

Predater
03-20-2002, 09:43 PM
if the fore grip is wider than the vert adapter than it wont work with the i-frame. but you could go to a store that sells aluminum and buy a piece big enough to make a bracket to move the vert adapter forward enough for the i-frame. if not buy the kapp one. if it goes to far forward cut it off to the lingth you like.

MiniMAGster
03-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by krafty
I have a benchmark foregrip on my gun with the intelliframe. It didn't quite fit. I ended up taking a dremel and carving a notch in one of the finger grooves to get it to fit properly.

I have a minimag also and a grip set up similar, its a gas thru tho, and i just ordered an intelliframe, am i going to encounter any problems? how do i fix them if i dont have a dremel?

ProjectMag
03-20-2002, 09:47 PM
I had a Kapp gas-thru with mine and it fit perfect. ;)

MiniMAGster
03-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Cool, right now im running a minnimag with a kapp dz2 drop, gas thry, i think its mad by kapp, benchmark 2x frame and dye barrel,
I just ordered an intelliframe and smart parts tear drop 12 in barrel. Anyone here use the teardrop, i ordered the new style.