PDA

View Full Version : Is paypal free to use?

MajorDamage
03-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Ok! I wanna sign up for paypal, but my Mom said I need to find out if they charge you when you use it. I can't seem to find out on their site...so...Does it? Thanx!

ENDO!

Butterfingers
03-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Its free for one party.

It depends who wants to pay the paypal fee.

MajorDamage
03-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Ok, how much is the paypal fee? Thanx!!!

ENDO!

Kevmag
03-20-2002, 06:10 PM
I think it's 2.9% plus a small charge per transaction ($.25) to RECEIVE money. No charge to send money.

If you have them mail you a check from your PayPal balance, they charge you. If you have them transfer money to your checking account, I believe it is free (and faster).

Kevin

krafty
03-20-2002, 06:10 PM
I think the seller pays a 3% fee... it's free for the buyer.

nutz
03-20-2002, 06:59 PM
guys, i dunno what u are saying but i have never been charged any fees by paypal and i have bought and sold stuff with it...

i added up my history and it came out to be exactly what my balance was, and in the history no money was taken for fees because all the + and -'s were exactly what i did...

ProjectMag
03-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Personal accounts have no fees for sending and receiving money. However, if you upgrade to a business or premier account, you start getting charged a fee when you receive money. With the premier account you can receive credit card payments which is an advantage if the person doesn't keep money in their Paypal account. My suggestion is to keep a personal account if you're only gonna be doing small transactions. If you are big into trading/selling online then upgrade to the premier account. It's only a small fee but a lot of limits are lifted with this upgraded account.

MajorDamage
03-20-2002, 08:34 PM
So can I send money from a checking account with the free service??? Thanx alot guys!

ENDO!

ProjectMag
03-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Yes you can. You need to verify your bank with Paypal and you can withdraw funds from your checking account to your Paypal account. This usually takes 3-4 days. You then have money to send from your Paypal account. I don't believe you can send money straight from your checking account to the person your buying from though(I may be wrong). I have a debit card so it works out for me to go straight from my checking account to the other party.