PDA

View Full Version : Remotes????

rhkicker
03-21-2002, 02:28 AM
I want to go remote with my project mag that I am working on and need some advice. I would like some feed back on weither to go coiled remote or stainless. I am considering going with the coiled right now but like I said I would like some feedback from those that are already going remote. Up to now all my guns have had a on gun setup and now I am looking for a change. So look forward to some replies.

sicones
03-21-2002, 06:11 AM
I use a coiled remote and I like it because it stretches and it won't get snagged on anything.

than205
03-21-2002, 07:18 AM
I'm looking at going back to a remote set-up for big games.
What I'm looking for is a braided hose that is coiled. I know someone still makes them, but I haven't found anyone that sells them. My buddy has one of these. If someone knows who sells this setup let me know.

rhkicker
03-21-2002, 09:38 AM
If you find out where to get that ss coiled remote let me know. Just post in here I would like to see it before i make a decision. Thanks for the replies guys I would like to hear a little more from some others

JEDI
03-21-2002, 10:31 AM
I use a coiled remote. It stretches and stays out of the way. When you take it off its more convenient to store (its smaller and won't tangle). I think it looks cooler too. Most of them have a threaded steel brade on the inside anyway.

bjjb99
03-21-2002, 10:42 AM
Do you want a coiled ss braided hose for the safety factor or the looks? If you're looking for hose that can handle high pressures, there are some coiled remote hoses out there rated at 3000 psi. For example, the following two paintball retailers sell what they claim to be a 3000 psi remote hose.

http://www.paintballfx.com/1201.html
http://www.111paintball.com/coilremhos30.html

I have no idea whether the pressure listed is a working pressure of 3000 psi or if that's the burst pressure. I also have no idea whether these are good companies to purchase equipment from. They might be worth checking into, though.

BJJB

than205
03-21-2002, 11:15 AM
jedi- Lately all I've been seeing is just high pressure plastic coiled hoses. I haven't see any with the steel braiding with the exception of a straight line.

bjjb99- Safety factor, yes. And durability. Coiled remotes still get snagged on things, so I would prefer some extra strength.
I know other people are going to say they never get their coiled caught on anything. Whatever. We'll have to suppose that I'm a klutz then, or at the very least I should stay out of the bushes.

Thanks for the links. There is no indication that there is a braiding around the tubing. I guess I will have to call. I was hoping someone had recently purchased one of these thingies.

JEDI
03-21-2002, 12:02 PM
As far as high pressure goes though, I think they're all rated at 3000 psi. I just got a 32 degrees one. The store told me there is no low pressure hose. They can all handle nitro. I think you're right. Mine has a high pressure plastic inside I think. Its still a very good hose. I use nitro, and have had no problems. I put a pro-connect on the end. It works great.