PDA

View Full Version : Attention South Eastern Wisconsin Paintballers

Rusty_Jones
03-21-2002, 02:59 AM
New Field Opening, April 5th.

Milwaukee Paintball Center will be having it's opening night on April 5th. The facility features an indoor, 38000+ square foot field area, locker rooms, lounge area, seated briefing/orientation room and non-alcholic beverage bar.

Here's some fast info for you all who are interested in checking out what we're all about and playing some ball:

Web Address: http://www.milwaukeepaintball.com

Hours from April 5th through May 2nd:
Friday: Friday Night Fighting, 6pm to Midnight
Satuday: Open Play, 9am to 10pm consisting of 3 hour blocks.
Sunday: Team Practices: 8am to 12pm, Open Play: 12pm to 7pm consisting of 3 hour blocks.

Field Fee:
Friday Night: $25
Open Games: $20
Team Practices: Call or Email
Private Groups: Call or Email

Rental Fee: $5 (JT Elite Style Goggles, JT Excellerator 3.5, Hopper and Air)

Paint (JT Elite):
Case: $75
1/2 Case: $40
500 round Bag: $20

Air fills: To be Announced.

I'll post more info as I have it or you can check the web page. If I can, I'll see about perhaps setting up a meet of the AO guys at the field, Maybe Tom can find time out of his busy schedule to come join us....

skipdogg
03-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Sweet... FINALY!!!!!
A real indoor field

Hysperion
03-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Well I'm currently boycotting Brass Eagle so I'm not gonna go.....I won't buy anything made by vl/jt/be so unfortunately I won't be able to go....it looks like a great place to play though and it's unfortunate they have to use JT paint.....

*the owner replied to me with the following e-mail about a week ago, sounds like a nice guy...*

Brian,

Thanks for the ideas. We are paintballers too so you will be glad to know
that some of your ideas are already in effect.

1) Gun or hopper hit, your out! Done! Toast!
2) We will be running with JT's paint and we will have different types and
qualities.
3) Our pricing structure is actually pretty different than any other field
I know. We give the players a break for reserving their time slots. It
helps us schedule and it helps the players play more.

We plan on putting in a product that I think is actually better than Sup
Air. It is Ball Wall. Ball Wall is made from playground grade plastic and
is than filled with water or sand so that it doesn't move. Ours will be
filled with water so that we can change our fields on a regular basis. Our
fields will not be stagnant for 15 years like Dave's.
***This was his only slipup in talking. Paintball Dave's sponsors my team :) and I'm there almost every week...then again everything he said was true :)***

Unfortunately, I'm not the guy from your bosses unit. BTW sounds like
you've got a great marker.

Thanks again for e-mailing us with your ideas. Make sure you introduce
yourself on the 5th if you don't come in for a tour.

Tim Gallion,
owner, Milwaukee Paintball Center
(262) 532-2666

LaW
03-21-2002, 12:53 PM
I'll probably start going there next year if it's still around. Then get the yearly membership... I don't know if i'm going to be a big fan of this place. main reason is i'm talking a local place into getting sup air... soooo.... :)

oneshot
03-21-2002, 02:04 PM
hey mark were is the place that you are talking with to get a sup air soon?

I think I will show up at this place to see how it is.

animal
03-21-2002, 03:49 PM
You're wasting your time hysperion. It's like trying to boycott microsoft. A big majority of the people who give them business in the first place are those who are uninformed and/or oblivious to the fact that there are better products out there. That said, I do still run windows because it's what everyone uses, and it's worth the headache to not have to put up with cross-platform issues.

Anyway, I'll definately be at the field at least once to check it out. More times if it's a nice place to play.

Rusty_Jones
03-22-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Hysperion
Well I'm currently boycotting Brass Eagle so I'm not gonna go.....I won't buy anything made by vl/jt/be so unfortunately I won't be able to go....it looks like a great place to play though and it's unfortunate they have to use JT paint.....

The Paint is made by RP specially for JT. JT while owned by Brass Eagle still makes the best goggles. I'd like to Boycott B.E. as well, but as Animal stated, it's like trying to boycott Microsoft. Personally, I'd love to Boycott PMI because a lot of thier gear is sub-standard, as are a lot of other companies' products. Maybe you could start a webpage to be a visible front to your boycott and have a sign in page with logged IP's and once you have a few ten thousand signatures Email brass eagle...

Sorry you won't come and check us out though. Hope to see you some time when I get a chance to play down at Sam's or maybe Apocalypse.

Btw, Any feed back you all want to give is very much welcomed. Please feel free to email to the address on the web page.

animal
03-22-2002, 07:08 AM
So is this Tim talking to us here? What kind of playing surface were you planning for the place? While a little messy, the oil dry on the floor at daves is almost a necessity because it gets so slippery from the paint on the floor. I've also heard some things about other indoor fields being very slippery. Just wanted to know what the game plan is to combat that.

Hysperion
03-22-2002, 11:08 AM
I personally could care less that B.E. or PMI makes sub-standard products....If I don't like their products, I just won't buy them....however, I don't like the fact that Brass Eagle is trying to sue Odyssey for the Halo....my question is if the Halo works on the same principle as the "egg", why does it work so much better? Stole this line from someone else :) ....and I'll probably come to milwaukeepaintball on the 12th...got guard drill on the 5th.....I'll just "donate" $75 to you guys and you guys can "donate" a free case of paint to me :) That way I'm not buying Brass Eagle products ;)

*BTW, if this is Tim that's cool that you guys post on here....*

Rusty_Jones
03-22-2002, 08:17 PM
No, but I suggested that he join us here on the forum. I told him probably a week or two ago that the AO community is pretty much some of the best people to discuss just about anything paintball related or otherwise. I asked him if I should put a post here, he said "Heck yeah! Spread the word." So here you have it. Actually I'm the airsmith. He should be joining us here soon.

He was happy that people have been emailing him and posting here. He was also pleased to hear any and all feedback and is really excited about it all.

So here are some quick answers to previous comments or questions:

Animal: Right now it's just a rubbery coating that's lined out for Tennis courts. The kitty litter style floor stuff isn't a viable option when you're dealing with 38,000+ square feet. It would just take too long to clean up, not to mention the sheer amount of it that would be needed to cover the floor in a good layer that would be effective. Wet-dry vacs and a little broom work is what it's looking like for now. Astro-turff was something that was kicked around, but time and funds will tell on that. As for slippery surfaces, well, you are fully welcome to offer up any ideas that don't involve anything that might crud up guns or leave caked layers of goo all over the place and on players. Mostly it's gonna be a regular cleaning schedule of no less then 2 times a week.

Hysperion: Here's what was kinda kicked around today when it came up at the office as to why B.E. would be suing over the Halo. First, the dude who designed the VL12v, VL9v and the "Egg" also designed the Halo. He might be violating a contract of "Non-competition" , they're pretty standard from what I hear. Second, It might be an issue of the motor or impeller design. It's not to my knowledge an issue of the sensor. Thirdly, It just might be someone having a hissy fit because the Halo just plain smokes any VL product's feed rate. The X-Board only adds between .2 bps and 1.4 bps feed rate. I don't know how much the up-grade cost is, but I'd say a Turbo-Rev board is worth the extra cash if you're gonna replace a VL12v or VL9v board. Personally, I don't think B.E. is gonna win this lawsuit, and even if they do, I don't think it'll be all in thier favor. Reparations might have to be made, but to what end is gonna be fairly determined by a Judge who's probably never played paintball and probably has at best a neutral view of the sport.

And about the Halo...It uses a shortened delay on the time it takes to spin. It's got a better sensor system. It runs off of more Amprage and less voltage, so it's more powerful which is not to say faster. There's a test video of it somewhere on the net, which I think you can find the link here on the forum. They use a stock AIR valve with I believe a hyperframe and warp. It just plain rocks, the feed is flawless and if I could consistantly shoot that fast.... Heck, I'd need a pack mule to carry my pods.

Yeah, we accept "donations" to help umm...feed poor Tim and his workers with something besides Saltines and Diet Soda... And we'd always have something to give in return for said "donations".

MPC-Tim
03-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Hi, this is Tim from Milwaukee Paintball Center,

Like Adam has said I want to hear any and all suggestions or comments about my field. Everyday is a day to make it a better place to play paintball.

A couple of comments...

The B.E./JT boycott. My main reasoning in going with JT for my paint was customer service. The JT rep has been the most helpful person I've had contact with since I started this project. That won my loyalty. The 2nd reason, its damn good paint!

The slipperiness of the floor is a challenge, but I think we will have it under control. The floors will be spot cleaned everyday with mops and wet/dry vacs and a complete cleaning every week. During the sessions we will be hitting the very heavy spots with saw dust or oil dry granulars. Long term I have several flooring ideas which I am thinking about including recycled rubber chips or possibly astroturf. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me directly at tim.gallion@milwaukeepaintball.com

animal
03-22-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks to both of you for addressing the flooring issue. I am looking forward to April 5th, I work about a mile down the highway from you guys, and an alternative indoor field to daves is a much needed thing in this city. I am also pretty stoked on the open game hours you guys are starting up with. Any word on the Compressed air fills?

MPC-Tim
03-22-2002, 11:39 PM
Compressed air, Nitrogen and CO2 will be avialable at MPC.

Snooky
03-23-2002, 02:12 AM
wow a real indoor field! i live in rockford, IL snd love to goto apocalypse. how uch further would this field be from there? any chance of getting pics up of field soon?

Could u give more info on the HS leauge such as prices and how often and when this will go on.

thanks and i really wanna come check it out.

LaW
03-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Snooky
wow a real indoor field! i live in rockford, IL snd love to goto apocalypse. how uch further would this field be from there? any chance of getting pics up of field soon?

Could u give more info on the HS leauge such as prices and how often and when this will go on.

thanks and i really wanna come check it out.

I used to go to rockford a lot and your looking at an hour and a half drive.

oneshot
03-23-2002, 10:55 AM
for a floor , you could possibly use dirt, at screamin acres in rich field they use dirt, it is actually in a horse barn, but they rake the fields before each day of play and it is really nice, soft, clean, just a thought

animal
03-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Ahh Yes, the sounds of the airball fans, the paintballs hitting the bunkers, the 12 year olds with angels, and oh yes, the lovely smell of horse crap on you when the day is done.

While the dirt is a great playing surface, the fact that it's still a horse barn is completely apparent :) That said it's not a bad place to play.

LaW
03-23-2002, 03:53 PM
haha animal, just wait to go there when they put it at their outdoor... they are going to spread it out and add a snake and big rocket and other things :) that's definately where i'm going to go the most...

the JoKeR
03-23-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm looking forward to trying the place out and seeing how the flooring works out. I've heard good things about diced tires for horse race tracks... maybe it'd work well for p-ball too...? During the learning curve and finding out what will work for you, how about some recommendations on footwear (soft spikes, tennis shoes, hiking boots, etc.). Whatever it takes to keep a good grip and not get hurt!

Rusty_Jones
03-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Indoor Soccer shoes or skateboarding shoes would be my first choices. Both have superior traction on wet marble, like how the hallway in school used to be when I was growing up. Tennis or basketball shoes don't have as much traction on wet surfaces.

Hysperion
03-23-2002, 08:47 PM
just the fact that the owner is posting on AO makes mpc cool with me :)

MPC-Tim
03-23-2002, 10:48 PM
I did some experiments with the floors today at MPC. I took about 50 paintballs put them on the floor and stepped on them to break them. I then tried a few different kinds of footwear.

Here are my recommendations:

1. Do not wear hard leather or plastic sole boots. Such as Skechers or Docs.
2. High top basketball shoes worked ok.
3. Running shoes actually were better, than basketball shoes.
4. I think turf or skater shoes will work the best.

I don't think dirt will work very well. MPC is huge, I'm not bragging, I'm just thinking about how many wheelbarrows full of dirt it would take just to get a few inches of dirt on the floor. I'm also concerned about the smell of paint and that much wet dirt.

In the short term I will be keeping a close eye on the flooring and using floor dry or sawdust, along with frequent cleanings. In the long term the recycled tires seems to be the most economical route.

Has anyone played at the Country Club in Chicago? What kind of flooring do they have? It looks like astroturf on their web site.

oneshot
03-23-2002, 11:25 PM
it is kind of like astro turf, they use saw dust to dry it some what , it was really slippery the time I went there

the JoKeR
03-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Rusty_Jones
Both have superior traction on wet marble, like how the hallway in school used to be when I was growing up

Marble floors in your school? Must have been nice!:D

skipdogg
03-25-2002, 08:07 AM
I beleive CC does have an astro turf/carpet type of stuff on it. It is also pretty slippery, but that could be due to lack of regular cleaning. Good luck MPC i hope you do really well!

Rusty_Jones
03-25-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by the JoKeR

Marble floors in your school? Must have been nice!:D

You know, thinking about that post I think I musta been on drugs.... Musta been granite that I was thinking of. All I know is once that stuff got wet from rain or snow, it was worse then ice.

Marble...what the heck was I thinking :)

phish
03-26-2002, 07:59 PM
First off, i want to say i'll see you there on the fifth. I have a few questions

This "mezzaine". Does it entirely encircle the fields in a running track fashion or is it like an observation deck from one point?

The high school league. By high school, do you mean high school age kids or kids from specific high schools in seperate divisions?

Also, off topic, where could a guy pick up an SFL E-Mag?

MPC-Tim
03-26-2002, 11:08 PM
The mezzaine runs along the side of the fields. It does not completely surround them.

The plan for our High School league is to have it be school versus school, but more than one team can compete from each school.

See ya on the 5th.

phish
03-28-2002, 09:12 PM
You got a pm.:)

Rusty_Jones
03-29-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys for stopping down and offering up a hand with some field work. That was super cool of you guys.

MPC-Tim
03-31-2002, 10:16 AM
Milwaukee Paintball Center will be open for team practices on Sunday mornings from 8am-noon starting April 7th.

The practice time will be $80 for 5+2 teams and $30 for 3+1 man teams. Paint will be at a reduced price of $60 a case. Team practices will be run and reffed by the teams practicing. MPC employees will be present to enforce safety rules only.

Contact MPC's Field Manager Adam Shane to reserve your time slot at adam.shane@milwaukeepaintball.com or (262)532-2666

PS: Thanks a million to the Psycho Cows for coming down and helping us set up the fields.