PDA

View Full Version : Loose Hopper on Warp Feed

codeJockey
03-21-2002, 07:57 AM
Has anyone seen any clamping device, or have any ideas, that will do a better job at fastening a ViewLoader onto a Warp Feed? Mine is very loose and I'd rather not have to duct-tape my hopper onto the Warp Feed. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

mrhooie
03-21-2002, 09:13 AM
DYE makes a fancy aluminum collar that spreads the neck of the VL out in order to put pressure outwards.

I've seen it work on vert feed shockers, why not a warp?

http://www.dyeprecision.com/Images/hard%20parts/misc/hopper-spacer.gif

Potatoboy
03-21-2002, 09:18 AM
They work. My old warp required one but my new one doesn't. They also fix hoppers that someone has pinched too small from over tightening an elbow. Yes, they're DYE so the laser engraving makes them expensive, but they actually do work. Just be glad you didn't buy one from a local store that annodizes them themselves. That little piece of aluminum cost me 17 bucks.

synreal
03-21-2002, 09:24 AM
so what are you saying tato?

a cheap piece of aluminum that has BOTH Dye laser engraving AND p&p annodizing isn't vastly superior to one without it? caesar lied to me....

Potatoboy
03-21-2002, 09:30 AM
yeah
$7 part (a sane amount to pay)
+$5 because it says SYE
+$5 for "custom" P&P anno.

I have to admit though, P&P does good anno work and it's a slick looking color....

Poseidon
03-21-2002, 10:00 AM
CP also makes them. I used one with my bushie and older 12 vt, worked great, and costed $5

codeJockey
03-21-2002, 10:29 AM
:confused: Thanks for the info, but I'm a bit confused. The Feeder Spacers y'all mentioned just look like a 'collar' that would go around the shaft of the VL. How do they manage to keep the VL shaft from pulling out of the in-feed hole in the Warp Feed?

Potatoboy
03-21-2002, 10:30 AM
They go inside the feed neck on the hopper, not on the outside. That would make the feed neck bigger and it won't fall out.

Butterfingers
03-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Both the CP and dye collars spread the neck of the hopper making a tighter friction fit.

I prefer the CP adaptor it is 5 bucks compared to the near 20 dollars for the DYE version that does the exact same thing.

The CP adaptor also comes in diffrent sizes to fit your feed neck.

synreal
03-21-2002, 10:33 AM
depending on the warp/collar/hopper, you may have to loosen your warp shell a bit to be able to fit all of it together, and then re-tighten the screw. but they do a really nice job of keeping bits from rattling around.

cphilip
03-21-2002, 10:36 AM
If you losen up the body screws on the warp, insert the hopper neck completely and then tighten the warp body screws back down most times this will clamp it into place.

Additionaly... if your set up is such that you can benifit from running the hose through the hopper right into the bottom of a Warp left body, or a Hopper right body, then these two things then completely secures the whole thing as a unit. Thats actualy the best thing to do if you can.

codeJockey
03-21-2002, 10:36 AM
OK. That would make more sense. But let me get this straight... you get this nice piece of artful aluminum & you really can't appreciate the aesthetics because it's actually inside the VL neck? Kind of a bummer on that one...

MajorDamage
03-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Poseidon
CP also makes them. I used one with my bushie and older 12 vt, worked great, and costed $5
I had a CP for $5 too! I gave it away tho, I should pick up another tho. Worked great!

ENDO!

PyRo
03-22-2002, 09:47 PM
There is always good old fashion electric tape. :)

mrhooie
03-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Boy - I hate to sit and listen to you guys slam DYE all day.. Get off it already.

The DYE aluminum hopper spacer is stamped DYE - not laser engraved

and you can buy them from DYE's website direct @ $5.20 each...

So if you look for a dealer, you could possibly find them for less

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Yeah, i got swindled by the store, I know that.

And the whole laser engraving thing is a running joke.

it's mostly just the name.

DYE products are actually good, but just like a pair of nikes, you're paying for the name.

the JoKeR
03-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
If you losen up the body screws on the warp, insert the hopper neck completely and then tighten the warp body screws back down most times this will clamp it into place.

I personally never had any real success with that. My first warp wouldn't get tight on the neck at all. The rev kept rotating and lifting during play. I just got another warp today for my new gun and that one is a little tighter, but it's still too lose in my opinion. Tape never lasted for me, and I hate the residue it left. I picked up one of the collars from my local source for somewhere around $5.00 and it solved the problem, 100%. When I get the rev for my new warp, I will be getting a new collar for it as well. It's the best overpriced piece of metal I've bought in a long time!

codeJockey
03-24-2002, 05:21 AM
I picked up one of the CP sizers after work. It works Perfectly !!! Much thanks to all... :)