PDA

View Full Version : Best psi for RT valve

gothicel
03-21-2002, 09:57 AM
This is a question to those that use the RT valve regularly.

What is the best working psi for the RT valve?

I have an Air Armageddon and I have tried playing around with the adjustable output and noticed that if output pressure is < ~550 or so I get dropoff when I shoot fast. I also noticed that once I increase the output pressure to around 600+, I get pretty solid shots... of course the caveat here is, I have not tried the adjustable output out on a field yet... it's only been dry firing.

Gothicel.

~WarpedRT~
03-21-2002, 10:04 AM
It depends on what kind of trigger bounce you want. I keep mine at 800. This gives me alot of bounce from the trigger, you might want to try about 700-750. Anything above 750 will give you alot of reactiveness from the trigger.

FatMan
03-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Its a matter of preference. Lower pressure seems to make the trigger pull a little lighter, reduce the reactive trigger effect, and reduces the velocity drop off AFTER the trigger is released (IOW slow shots tend to have more consistent velocity).

Higher pressure may make the trigger pull a little harder, makes fast shots a little hotter than slow shots, and definitly increases the reactive trigger.

I try to set mine as low as I can and still have the trigger reactive enough that I will not short-stroke. For me that seems to be between 725 and 750 on my PMS Minireg. I get a reduction of about 5-10fps shooting slow over shooting fast (over the chrono). Trigger pull is nice and "snappy," the way I like it.

I've talked to people who run down closer to 600 and people who run up over 800. Depends on what you like.

FatMan

cphilip
03-21-2002, 10:22 AM
I am running 700 into mine.

gothicel
03-21-2002, 10:33 AM
When you guys say reactive trigger, are you talking about the feel of the trigger pushing back out at your finger? I would imagine that makes it so that you don't under pull the trigger and possibly pinch a ball or something to that effect?

cphilip
03-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes! thats exactly what they mean...well at least what I mean...and I am fairly certain what they mean too..and yes it helps eliminate "short stroking"

gothicel
03-22-2002, 08:50 AM
I have heard but have yet to try, that if you go low pressure, the chance that you either pinch or break a ball is a lot less. Have anyone tried a low pressure rig for their RT?

311automag
03-22-2002, 09:20 AM
how much does it increase your rof? or is it just to eliminate short stroking? what exactly are the advantages of the rt valve?

gothicel
03-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 311automag
how much does it increase your rof? or is it just to eliminate short stroking? what exactly are the advantages of the rt valve?

The RT valve it seems to me, has a faster rate of recharge so you have a better chance of not getting a drop-off in comparison to the Classic valve. Thus it's a little more consistant than the Classic valve. It also seems to me that the RT valve offers a little more accuratecy over the Classic valve. I may be incorrect in associating the drop-off with accuratecy, but I believe the less drop-off the RT valve offer better the accuratecy of the Mag. This is what I have noticed since I changed over to the RT valve from my Classic valve and using otherwise same setup. (barrel, hopper, Mag body, and paint.)

BlackVCG
03-22-2002, 09:43 AM
The RT valve will increase your ROF way beyond what you can get off your stock AIR valve. With the trigger bounce, it's easy to get a rhythm in the trigger pull and pull off fast strings.

It's important to have an adjustable tank on any gun with an RT valve so you can adjust the output pressure and control the feel of the trigger.

You can't make the RT valve extremely low cycling pressure like on a Cocker because the bolt is controlled with chamber pressure in the RT valve. AGD does have a prototype design that uses parts to slow down the bolt speed.

RT_Luver
03-22-2002, 10:05 AM
bout 700. much higher and u'll have some velocity drop off...much lower and u wont have too gooda reactivity