PDA

View Full Version : spyder upgrades

MJS1214
03-21-2002, 10:57 AM
hey all,i been inactive from the forum for a while but im back now :D

anyway, i was tinkering with my spyder earlier today and i thought id share a few tips with you guys as i go along...so far i oly have one though
although thi may be uncomfortable(it isnt for me) u can reduce ur spyders weight by removing the grips on the grip frame. this reduced my spyders weight by an ounce or so and also gave me a better-feeling balance.i dont really need the grips anyway bacause i wear gloves when i play so i wont matter
thought id share this with you guys

cphilip
03-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Well good to see you back. Did you see that OtterSC is here?

By the way don't expect too much enthusiasm for this kind of thing...You are more likely to get a warm of otherwise response on this over at the Kingman site.

But welcome back none the less!

mykroft
03-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Well, apart from a Good barrel, What I've done to mine is : Pirahna Vert ASA, NPS drop (converts to standard bottomline threading). I'm planning some major mods, to make it a fugly Closed-bolt blowback.

the parts I'm adding:

Sledgehammer reg, stock WGP 3-Way and Ram, modified Cyclone-III bolt, cocking rod, and possibly a Max-Flow inline reg, or my Vigilante if I decide to just throw a Gas-thru on my Defiant instead of the extra reg.

As to grips, I had stickies on mine for a while. It has stock 2nd Gen Bushy grips and is getting the Hogues off my Defiant as soon as I get around to buying a few sets of stickies.