PDA

View Full Version : Do not misunderstand...

Daniel Morse
03-21-2002, 11:28 AM
This is not an attempt to debate the performance differences of a mag and a cocker. Rather my question is for those who have shot both and which they would prefer to shoot. Which trigger has a better feel and shorter pull? Which is quieter? Which one shoots faster? Which is easier to short stroke?
Please do not go off topic. DO NOT MENTION RANGE!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

mykroft
03-21-2002, 11:49 AM
Well, I find that a Eclipse Hinge on the cocker is faster, shorter and feels better than anything else. the Mag is second and slidfe cocker is third, except in speed. I've never had problems with short-stroking either gun. I prefer the Eclipse hinge, with an Intelliframe RT second.

cphilip
03-21-2002, 12:08 PM
I think the Intelliframes trigger is giving the hinge a run for its money. Certainly shorter if not as light

I know the EMAG trigger has it whooped by a good bit but thats not realy fair as its electronic and magneticaly assisted.

soilent green
03-21-2002, 12:23 PM
I like the mag trig. the best it is short and crisp the cocker is nice it is easier to short strok at first but when you get used to it it is no prob. the swing for the cocker is nice but I don't like it the mag is probly the shortest and has a hard crisp pull it takes time to get used to both and once you are used to it you won't want to go to the other

slateman
03-21-2002, 12:29 PM
This is really more of an issue of how does Daniel Morse feel. If you like the cocker trigger than go for it. In my experience, it takes a little time to get used to.

FeelTheRT
03-21-2002, 01:21 PM
I've owned Automag, Automag RT, and Bushmaster 2k. I prefer my custom Cocker. Of course it dosn't shoot faster than my BM2k because it's electronic... but i defenetly think it shoots faster than my Automag and RT(without runoff).

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/ThatPaintballerGuy/mycocker-body.jpg

toymyster
03-21-2002, 01:32 PM
What this one some down to is personal preferance!!! Everyone will feel different about the trigger feel on any gun!!!

Butterfingers
03-21-2002, 02:51 PM
The cocker has more range cause the closed bolt keeps in all them elves during firing!

JKJK :)

Honestly I think the Inteliframe is giving good competition to cocker hinge triggers.

The E-mag trigger IMHO absolutely beats the pants off any cocker trigger.

I prefer to use mags because it is more reliable and does not need any further perfomance perk past stock.

Which trigger has a better feel and shorter pull? Which is quieter? Which one shoots faster? Which is easier to short stroke?

Mags definatly have the potential to shoot and feed faster. Electronicly assisted, the stock valve is capable of 16 bps beyond without visible shoodown. As demonstrated by the halo video 16BPS on a 93' stock automag classic w/hyperframe.

As for short stroking it really depends on the user. My roomate cant shoot mag triggers for crap and I have a hard time shooting cocker triggers.

Cockers have the potential to be quieter because of the multitude of modifications that can be done to them.