PDA

View Full Version : Richochet vs. Revvy

covadsucks
03-21-2002, 03:37 PM
I was curious to know which of you AOer's like the Ricochet compared to the 12v Xboard Revvy? Which one is better, smaller in your opinion, which hopper feeds at a more consistent speed? etc...please don't throw the HALO into this, as I am curious about the Ricochet and not the end all, be all HALO.

dmonahan
03-21-2002, 03:49 PM
I have both and I choose the Ricochet over the rev. It hold less paint but it keeps up with mt E-mag and it really will deflect shots. Not every time but every now and then you see and hear a shot hit the hopper and when you check it there's no break. Just make sure you get the newer shell if you are getting a colored or clear body. My whole team got the early release body and they all cracked. they changed the material and now they work great. And you get a game timer. the rev hasn't got it.

OldSchoolMag
03-21-2002, 04:02 PM
Well, my personal paintball philosophy is if you have time to spare to check the time on your hopper, you aren't playing as well as you could be. But I'll admit it's a nifty feature.

Personally, I loathe BOTH. The Rico because it holds less, breaks (appearently just the old shells) and seems to always deflect balls directly into my mask, and they break too. The Xboard Revvy is just... gah. I hate it. The one I've been using makes me wait for the load, and I still have to shake it to get it to work.

I'd go with the TurboRev loader - it works like this: take a regular Viewloader, put in the TurboRev board and propellor if you didn't already have the 4 blade, and then PLAY! It works GREAT, and I've never outshot it once! A thing of beauty... hope this helps.

OSM

Chupas2
03-21-2002, 04:03 PM
At the LA open the owner of Richochet gave me one to try out and I don't like it. It's way to loud and doesn't work well on a warp. I'm going to try on a center feed and power feed but I just don't like how loud it is.

covadsucks
03-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the opinions, but there are more AOer's out there so let's keep 'em coming.

~WarpedRT~
03-21-2002, 04:12 PM
Most certainly the Ricochet. It has a game timer built in, and one of the nicer features is, it wont hurt you fingers when you try to get the battery out! It does in fact, deflect shots, and you wont get as much blow back on the balls in the stack, not that I have a problem with that, I have a Warp.

CleenSweep
03-21-2002, 04:31 PM
I have used both and I don't like the Ricochet. It just didn't perform the way I thought it would. Did not feed well. I now have a HALO coming and can't wait to test its performance.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Just got my Ricochet AK Speedball Series yesterday... boy am i happy i got one of these. I was ripping on my bushy trigger as hard as i could and i was easily getting 14bps even though richochet claims 12... if you throw on Energizer M2 Lithium 9vs it like turbo boostes it.

I HAD no skipps, breaks, or outshooting. only thing is when your running low on paint it starts to misfeed (what loader doesnt) so you lose bps feed rates.

*edit* btw, the AK , is lighter, and has more power (longer life battery than the 2K) but doesnt have the LCD. ANd all new Ricochet loaders have new motars... the new ones are quiet as F!